C4 Forums | Control4

Scan not working in Composer HE

drmark12pa

Do you have composer to see if the drive is showing on or offline? Are you using guest account? Authenticated?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm using composerME (2.5.2). The drive doesn't appear as a "Drive". I can see my mp3 under "stored/mp3/audio" see attached image.

I will test this the next time it happens but you'll have to explain to me what's a guest account and how do I authenticate it?

Could it be a problem using NFS? I don't believe I am using Nfs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure it is stale NFS handles - but that can only be verified with control4 in the loop...

post-133338-0-14412300-1393358209_thumb.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Talked to my dealer (I should say texted when he bothers to respond) and he said to program Composer to STOP scan 2x after a scan is complete and that should allow it scan the next time.  However, I cannot find anywhere in programming how to program a STOP scan and it appears to have to be done manually under MEDIA SCANNING OPTIONS.

1) any opinions on if this should help the issue of scans not starting

2) is there anywhere in programming for the STOP SCAN command?

• 2 weeks later...

Well this find is interesting... I did find that file and it says corrupt.  I know at one point I had to reload all of my media when I updated software a few revisions ago (2.4 I believe) and there was an issue where my media was gone. 

What should I do with these files that I'm showing?  (By the way the "mm" file that appears to updated was likely changed as I just did a scan.  The other "corrupt" file hasn't been modified in some time it would appear.)

I have been having issues with music scan and found nm.db corrupt file 

Have deleted and will give it a go

• 3 years later...
On 10/29/2013 at 9:36 AM, chicagoskiguy said:

Have you checked for special characters in the file names? Had my media scanning break when I added WALL·E. The wierd dot in the name broke the scanning for all my media. So, you may want to look at file names of the media you've added since the last time scanning worked.

Just an idea

Uh oh, there goes ? and the Mysterians

• 9 months later...

On 2.10.6 and problem keeps occurring as 'Scan Now' does nothing (aka Director Status: Idle).

Used Space for Media Graphics: 240 / 1000 MB

Total Used Space: 2481 / 5920

Files to Scan:  Devices: Networked File Storage (checked); Extensions: MP3 (Audio), FLAC (Audio).

[CIFs share from FreeNAS to IP of the controller has always worked and we can play music just fine from music library]

Checked 1st and 4th options (Use Online Media Lookup... and Update media database....

I was trying to add some mediation music for bedtime and though it's in the audio share I've always used, Control4 Composer 2.10.6 does not scan.

• 4 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.