C4 Forums | Control4

Cable Card

Quickbuck

Has anyone worked with a cable card before? I just bought a new Pioneer Elite 950HD and it has a cable card. I have a Cable Card, but I primarily a Cable box for the DVR and On Demand. The cable card comes in handy when recording two shows. Anyone want to share best practices for incorporating the cable card?

it was pretty easy here in houston and comcast. I installed 1 m-card into a tivo hd, made sure that I could view the unecrypted channels, and then called the comcast phone number to activate the card, and waited, and waited, and waited, and waited, and finally a comcast csr answered the phone to activate. my c4 dealer made one of the a/b/c buttons operate the thumbs up/thumbs down so it worked out nicely.

tum

it depends on what you want and more wha you are used to IMO...

compared to the ease of the comcast box, the card is horrid on the pioneer 950. the tv guide thing is slow. and its sometimes a pain to get them active.

it think its great for a bedroom situation where all you want is to get hd in there w/o a box, but with QAM tuners built in now you can do you local hds over cable... but to get espn and all the style channel ya need the card or box...

so in a nutshell i dont like them cards...

i hear they are fine on the tivos

Archived