C4 Forums | Control4

David

All,

I have been working on several drivers that I have started to use in our projects as standard in new build properties in the UK.

I am will be gradually adding more drivers as time goes on but thought that I would release the set that I currently have as I am now happy that they are working stable on several systems including my own.

The drivers all need a the installation of a common driver called Stonetree_Command.c4i which provides some additional Lua modules for XML parsing and SMTP negotiations over SSL.

I currently have 2 drivers in the bundle :-

Stonetree_MyMovies.c4i - This uses the MyMovies application to update the standard Control4 Media database with its meta-data. The movies can then be played in the normal way on any supported Media player.

Stonetree_SMTPClient.c4i - This allows the sending of email to many different SMTP servers supporting plain, SSL and StartTLS negotiation. The driver also uses the stand Email Notification agent to send emails but can also send Quick emails directly.

Documentation is incorporated into the drivers.

Where possible I have tried to use standard agents/features within Control4 rather than re-eventing these aspects to work specifically with my drivers eg. MyMovies works along side the standard Media management and the SMTP driver sends emails setup using the stand Email agent.

Drivers to follow include :-

Sky+HD serial feedback driver to report program details being watched. Also may add ability to control4 Sky box via the RF port using a direct connection from a C4 IR port or the use of the Dusky Sky controller.

Heatmiser Thermostat integration with ability to set overall house modes.

Any comments much appreciated.

Thank you

David

Stonetree Driver Bundle.zip

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could have either :-

Sky only

Sky+ giving ability to record etc.

Sky+HD as above with HD as well

For serial feed back to work you will need to connect a serial cable from the back of your Sky box to an available serial port on your Home controller or an IO extender or another serial interface.

Do you have Composer HE?

Thank you

David

that is awesome that you wrote an unencrypted mymovies database plugin! Thank you for not writing a lock in like EV and for making it free!

+1. Finally now you can use MyMovies with whatever media player and driver that you want! Where were you 2 months ago!? Ha ha ha. Good work, and thank you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the comments.

I don't understand how a driver to populate meta- data could ever be tied to the media player that was playing the movies unless there is something I am missing.

Any views or enhancements much appreciated.

I do notice that the initial update of a movie library is very intensive on the Director, to the point were it will stop other processes working eg. lights and TV controls etc. until the update has finished. Updates after that are only minor and don't impact performance.

Thank you

David

Thanks for the comments.

I don't understand how a driver to populate meta- data could ever be tied to the media player that was playing the movies unless there is something I am missing.

Any views or enhancements much appreciated.

I do notice that the initial update of a movie library is very intensive on the Director, to the point were it will stop other processes working eg. lights and TV controls etc. until the update has finished. Updates after that are only minor and don't impact performance.

Thank you

David

They encrypt the movie path so only their media player driver can understand it.

Sent from my Droid MAXX via Tapatalk.

post-125896-0-82906300-1386704250_thumb.

I added the commands driver and mymovies driver to a room then power cycled the controller. I then went and started adding the setup info into the mymovies driver and need some help. I have my movies running on my laptop so the IP would be the laptop IP right. I also put in the API key and all I get in the product window is validating. I don't know if I am having a problem with mymovies or the driver. I attempted to attach a screen shot but in the new forum I am not sure if I did it right.

If the screen shot does not work in the lua tab I get stonetree.net not found followed by several no file found prompts like I did not install the driver right.

post-125896-0-82906300-1386704250_thumb.

I did load it first. Is there a certain way I need to do it. I will delete and try again.

No go. I don't know what I am doing wrong. The other driver is installed.

I assume your running 2.5 or above.

I've had problems with the drivers not updating unless they were removed from the Director via SSHing on and rm /etc/c4i/Stonetree_*. This will remove all Stonetree drivers.

Archived