C4 Forums | Control4

Create/Execute Announcements

ILoveC4

I have distribute audio in every room of the house. Do you know how cool out would be to be able to quickly record and execute an audio announcement?

IE: Pickup my phone and say "Execute announcement in Owens Bedroom. Announcement; Owen, you need to come finish your breakfast and pickup this mess."

I would not care if it played my actual recording, or if it used some sort of text to speech tool.

Anyone else think that would be cool?

Sent from my Droid MAXX via Tapatalk.

Scream doesn't always work...LOL. Especially between floors, from one end of the house to the other.

Of course getting up and walking over there is best. In all this idea is indeed pretty ridiculous. Could have use away from the home though

"Execute announcement in all zones. Announcement: Amanda, answer your damn phone!"

You mean have an intercom in every room? ;)

You can actually do this, to a degree. Use a speech to text email setup (Siri for instance) and email to your system using Recluse's SMTP driver, then output it with their text to speech driver.

Messed with that for a bit and it works, but it's far less interesting in real life than it sounds on paper.

I don't get this thread at all.  Intercom is what I use every day.  I talk in one end and it comes out at the other ends.  Why would I want my house to sound like an airport terminal- "there's no parking in the red zone..."

Scream doesn't always work...LOL. Especially between floors, from one end of the house to the other.

Of course getting up and walking over there is best. In all this idea is indeed pretty ridiculous. Could have use away from the home though

"Execute announcement in all zones. Announcement: Amanda, answer your damn phone!"

Ahh, I get it now (didn't read this post until now). 

You mean have an intercom in every room? ;)

You can actually do this, to a degree. Use a speech to text email setup (Siri for instance) and email to your system using Recluse's SMTP driver, then output it with their text to speech driver.

Messed with that for a bit and it works, but it's far less interesting in real life than it sounds on paper.

I guess that's true. I have all that place except the last part... The text to speech driver.

I've actually been curious about that one for a couple of other things.

Actually, when having a party you could create your own red zone on the street/driveway and this would be awesome B)

I'll say.  I wouldn't need to continue bribing the neighbors with some of my finest wine to use their driveways...

Archived