C4 Forums | Control4

To anyone using a Wirepath DVR

ILoveC4

Just got this email today:

Dear SnapAV Dealer,

You are receiving this notice because you have purchased one of our Wirepath™ Surveillance DVRs in the past. We recently learned of an alert issued by the Department of Homeland Security that any Network Time Protocol (NTP) servers may be vulnerable to Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks (NTP servers set and synchronize network devices’ date and time via the Internet). It's important to note that all Wirepath DVRs contain a local NTP server that may be open to this attack if the System Time Synchronization setting is not changed from the factory default (NA). The DVR will not be affected if it has been configured correctly to synchronize to a public NTP server on the Internet.

What Models are Affected?
WPS-100-DVR-4CH, WPS-100-DVR-8CH, WPS-300-DVR-9CH, WPS-300-DVR-16CH

Solution:
Set the DVR System Time to synchronize to a public NTP server. This will protect the DVR from DDoS attacks, and also keep the time properly synchronized to the world clock (which is important for DVR time stamping of video). This can be done either through the native interface, or remotely from the web interface. For detailed instructions, please see thetechnical note.

Technical Details
The goal of these kinds of attacks is to disrupt service and generally be a pain in the neck –but there is no risk of data loss or theft. The attack causes a large amount of random data to be transmitted on the network at once by exploiting the NTP server, affecting the network’s speed and stability. You can learn more about this type of attack from the U S Computer Emergency Readiness Team website.

We are currently working on a firmware update that will address this issue in future DVR productions. Thank you for your support, and we apologize for any inconvenience.

Your Wirepath™ Surveillance Team

• 5 years later...

I have the WPS-300 9 Channel and cannot turn off the beeping from the unit.  It always goes off in the evening, maybe a problem with the 

Night vision. I dont care, I just want to squelch the constant beeping!!! any help is appreciated.

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 8:18 PM, Mommy122 said:

I have the WPS-300 9 Channel and cannot turn off the beeping from the unit.  It always goes off in the evening, maybe a problem with the 

Night vision. I dont care, I just want to squelch the constant beeping!!! any help is appreciated.

go into the events on the nvr, turn off audible alarm for video loss, hdd full, temper... do one at a time til you find the one that stops it.... I would narrow down to the fault and fix why it is going into alarm state!

Archived