C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain - Belkin WeMo Driver

alanchow

Chowmain%20Logo%20Transparent%20Medium.p 

Chowmain - Belkin WeMo Driver 

Control4 supplies the wireless outlet switch that makes any household plug-in device, like lamps, appliances and electronics part of the Control4 system by turning a standard outlet into a smart outlet. 

Unfortunately this device is not available to the majority of the world as it only supports 120VAC voltage for US plug type devices. 

Introducing the Belkin WeMo Switch. It has US/UK/AU-NZ plug types and is extremely affordable. This WiFi based power outlet supports up to 10amps and can be easily integrated into the Control4 home automation system using the Chowmain Belkin WeMo driver. 

Features 

* Real-time feedback if using a the WeMo ios or android application

* Auto discovery of IP address and port by entering in the serial number of the WeMo
* Auto update of IP address and port upon change 
* Abilty to connect driver to outlet light or relay device drivers which in turn allows you to view the correct icon on navigator interface or even eliminate standby power on AV based devices. 
* Ability to connect driver to keypad buttons (with LED feedback) to allow for quick on/off/toggle programming 
* On/Off feedback from the device. 

* Insight energy usage feedback to properties page and variables.

Frequently Asked Questions 

Can you give us some examples of how we could use this driver? 
* In Australia we do not have access to the Control4 outlet switch. As such we cannot easily integrate floor lamps, bedside table lights, fans, electric heaters, towel rails, etc easily. This driver fills in the gap to integrate these devices into the Control4 system. 

Are there any other cool things we can do with this driver? 
* This driver allows connection to the Control4 outlet light driver and any relay based binding. As such you can get the correct icon on your navigator and also bind it to your AV device to minimise standby power. 

* This driver can also detect power usage statistics from the WeMo insight switch.  This can be useful for programming energy management based actions.

* This driver allows connection to any Control4 keypad for ease of use programming. 

What hardware will this work on? 
This driver will work with the Belkin WeMo Switch (Model Number F7C027) and the Belkin WeMo Insight Switch (Model Number F7C029).  It may work with other WeMo hardware however it has not been tested.

There are so many WeMo drivers out there why should i buy yours? 
All WeMo drivers are based upon reversed engineering. As such they can all break at any time with a firmware update. Our driver has the ability to use the Houselogix auto update feature. As such the driver will automatically update to the latest version which we will release that fixes any protocol changes. 

How do I find out more information about the driver? 

Please see the links below for more information about the driver. 

Download Product Information Sheet 

Download Installation Guide 

How do I buy the driver?
This driver is developed by Chowmain software & apps and is distributed and supported by Houselogix, Inc. 

Download Driver / Purchase Licence

Who do i contact for technical support?
This driver is developed by Chowmain software & apps and is distributed and supported by Houselogix, Inc. 

Support

Do you provide trial licences?
All Chowmain drivers for Control4 come with a 48 hour trial. This is activated once you add the driver to the project. No additional steps are necessary. 
wemo2-620x350.jpg

• 2 months later...

Curious if this work with the Wemo Insight Switch? We've not been able to get it to recognize an Insight Switch

Wemo insight is not available in this part of the world yet. We had a meeting with belkin on Tuesday to discuss integration possibilities with them. They will get us an early production model for us to use in the coming weeks.

We are looking at integrating the insight and utilise the power monitoring capabilities for a few applications.

Wemo insight is not available in this part of the world yet. We had a meeting with belkin on Tuesday to discuss integration possibilities with them. They will get us an early production model for us to use in the coming weeks.

We are looking at integrating the insight and utilise the power monitoring capabilities for a few applications.

Should mention the incompatibility on the EV site. The Insight switch is common here, most of the big box stores from Target to Home Depot carry it, cant find a plain wemo switch at these stores at least in my area.

Just an FYI and thanks for the reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

This driver only works with the belkin wemo switch.

We are working with belkin New Zealand to get early access to their upcoming belkin wemo insight and secret wemo products to get them integrated as well

• 1 year later...

Updated Version

Belkin has finally brought the WeMo Insight to Australia (2 years after the US launch). We have updated our WeMo driver to support the insight hardware including energy monitoring. Setup an event trigger to fire when the power goes over or under a certain value (great for monitoring & rebooting equipment). 

Version #20150914 - 14-SEP-2015 

• Added support for trigger relay functionality. 
  • Changed mW value to W values. 

Version #20150911 - 11-SEP-2015

• Added support for WeMo insight switches. Energy usage available via variables and properties page. 

Version #20150910 - 10-SEP-2015

• Updated SSDP code to resolve issue introduced in WeMo firmware - WeMo_WM_2.00.9399.PVT-OWRT-SNS 

• 4 years later...

Updated Version

Major update to support additional wemo models with the noteworthy one being the dimmer.

• Belkin Wemo Switch (Model Number F7C027)
  • Belkin Wemo Mini (F7C063)
  • Belkin Wemo Insight Switch (Model Number F7C029)
  • Belkin Wemo Light Switch (F7C030)
  • Belkin Wemo Light Switch (WLS040)
  • Belkin Wemo Wi-Fi Smart Dimmer (F7C059)

Updated Version

Major update to support additional wemo models with the noteworthy one being the dimmer.
  • Belkin Wemo Switch (Model Number F7C027)
  • Belkin Wemo Mini (F7C063)
  • Belkin Wemo Insight Switch (Model Number F7C029)
  • Belkin Wemo Light Switch (F7C030)
  • Belkin Wemo Light Switch (WLS040)
  • Belkin Wemo Wi-Fi Smart Dimmer (F7C059)
Sounds like being in the USA paid off. Great additions

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I have been using these outlet switches for a few weeks with great success so when I saw that the dimmer is now supported I decided to buy a few. Connected them this morning and have switch control but I don't see documentation on how to get these dimming from C4? Am I missing something?

6 hours ago, bmarshall said:

I have been using these outlet switches for a few weeks with great success so when I saw that the dimmer is now supported I decided to buy a few. Connected them this morning and have switch control but I don't see documentation on how to get these dimming from C4? Am I missing something?

There is a brand new driver specific for dimmers.  So there is the generic driver which is used for on/off devices and the light dimmer driver.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I have a dual load dimmer in my living room but also just bought a C4-KD240 (240V version of the C4-KD120) and have two lamps in the living room connected to a WeMo outlet. Is it possible to  assign the lamps to the Control4 keypad at all instead of just using the remote, touchscreen etc?

Cheers

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.