C4 Forums | Control4

Ademco Vista security panels

pebaugh

Release notes for Composer ver 1.2.3 identifies the compatibility with Ademco Vista 128FBP panel as well as the Vista 256FBP. Ademco also has a Vista 128 FB that also has a RS-232 port. Can anyone in the know confirm whether or not the Ademco Vista 128FB is supported by this driver as well?

• 3 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

There is one string of programming that is different in these two. Amazing that they aren't compatible.

BTW, has anyone got the FBP to work yet? I spent about 3 hours on the phone with Control 4 today trying to troubleshoot one of these. I was getting feedback but no send commands were working. I have to meet up with the security company next week to try and resolve it. I went through that fun phase of "it's their (control 4) fault-no, it's their (security company) fault" all day. Time for a three way confrence...

One string of difference?

I was told that the newest version of the protocol didn't work on the BP version of the panels.

What's the difference between the two?

As far as the FBP only working one-way only, which serial port is it connected to?

Ryan

Well, I got it working. Apparently the security guy had one wire in the wrong spot and another wire was severed. It just sucks not knowing how their system is setup so you have to rely on the security company doing their job right.

There is one string of programming that is different in these two. Amazing that they aren't compatible.

Glad to hear you were able to get it working.

Now you just need to tell me what the 'one string of programming' that is different between the FBP and BP panels.

RyanE

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I have 128FBP installed, but I cannot bypass a zone. With lots of contacts, it's always something open or just not working for whatever reason, so bypass is really important. Any way to get this running other then putting alarm panels next to each touchscreen?

Racky

--

You certainly should be able to trigger events via sensors on a security panel.

You need to add Control4 contacts, and bind them in the software to the contact bindings on the security panel, then you do programming on the Control4 contacts.

RyanE

We have not worked with the 128 panel but have Several projects out there on 250.

We have triggered different events off sensors.

The Only Panel that is giving me fits right now is the ICM.. GE has some good panels as well. Have Several events off the NX8E

Good Luck.

I currently have a Gemini 3200 alarm system and am replacing it with a system that will work with Control4. My alarm company sells the Vista system so I have a proposal for a Vista 128. Is there anything in particular I need to make sure of before approving this upgrade? What is the difference between FBP and BP? Is this a good system upgrade? Is there a sytem that works better? Unfortunately I don't think my alarm company supports the GE system and there is only 1 local vendor who does (he does not have a good reputation).

THanks for your feedback.

Adam

RyanE,

Just to clarify what I need from my C4 dealer. So far I have the alarm system integrated in C4, but I will also need "alarm" contact sensors to trigger events (that I asked for anyway for lights), but also need to add Control4 contacts. Are you talking about relays or are these software contacts. Normally bypass is issued by pressing something like code*023 in order to bypass fault *023. Would dealer need to implement this interface (both user interface and interface between C4 and alarm) or are there standard interfaces that would work and they would just configure the bindings?

Racky

--

You certainly should be able to trigger events via sensors on a security panel.

You need to add Control4 contacts, and bind them in the software to the contact bindings on the security panel, then you do programming on the Control4 contacts.

RyanE

I do not know of a way to do the zone bypass with an Ademco panel. The issue is that the software protocol of the panel doesn't give us a way to bypass easily and within the Control4 interface.

A panel like the GE Concord or Advent, the system takes keypresses from our system, and shows the display in our system the same as a system keypad, so you can do anything with it. That's not the case with the Ademco.

As far as triggering events in the Control4 system, it's fairly straightforward. You have sensors within the security panel, that are the panel's *zones*.

You configure the Control4 security panel driver with the number of zones in the security panel, and the driver creates what are called 'contact bindings'. They are just a place where you can connect a software 'contact' in the Control4 system.

Your dealer would need to pull in software contacts, and attach them to these 'contact bindings' that the security panel has, and then your dealer can do programming on the Control4 contacts (the software contact drivers he pulled into the project and attached to the contact bindings of the panel).

RyanE

• 2 years later...

Should be able to bypass from the virtual keypad, enter your user code then 6 for bypass and then the 3 digit zone number, if doing any programing to bypass automatically for certain events or tied to button pushes I suggest using a delay between each button presses but not too long of a delay as it's acts just like your using a keypad and would time out, I insert 1 second delay just to make sure it doesn't send them out of order.

Archived