C4 Forums | Control4

Remote Programming etc for you DIY Guys

AK1

Hello All,

I also wanted to say thank you to Andrzej and Coolabode.com. I had moved into a house that had a control4 system and struggled to find a local dealer that would give me the time of day. Being new to Control4 I really like what the system can do and wanted to grow my home automation system. I had surfed this site for a couple of months and finally pulled the trigger on purchasing two divers that I needed. Andrezj helped me install the Kodi Full driver and Amazon Fire TV driver, the service was amazing. They contacted me the same day and was able to do the install that night. This was mind blowing as the dealers I had contacted before took over a week to get back to me. Andrezj was able to remote in, install the driver and  confirm that everything worked in less than an hour. If you have the FireTV and like Kodi I highly recommend these two drivers, its takes the FTV/Kodi experience to the next level. Especially if you have the 7" tablet, you can watch your show and surf your collection at the same time. This experience has renewed my faith in the Control4 platform, as I was getting nervous after dealing with the local dealers in my area. I highly recommend Andrzej and Coolabode.com and will certainly be using them in my future. I really appreciate the quick turn around time, the communication and the over all service that I received. Thank you so much.

• 11 months later...

I've contacted Andrzej and the guys at Coolabode twice over the past 2 months with several remote programming requests each time. Andrzej contacted me and had the work done within a few hours. This adds to the long list of happy customers and good experiences with these guys. 

• 2 months later...

You can change your dealer to your remote programmer of choice at any time and then change back to your regular dealer. Your dealer of record will not be informed if you change or for that matter change back.

• 1 year later...

I found Coolabode after my installing dealer became unresponsive. Andrzej and Kyle have always been responsive and helpful. Over the past year and a half they have handled product returns, operating system updates, and answered my questions regarding operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting. My system has been made much more reliable since they stepped in. I adamantly agree with others here that Coolabode provides excellent remote service.

• 2 weeks later...

I found Coolabode through my brother and have been DIY from the get go.  From piecing together my system from scratch to fine tuning, I've found them more than helpful and honest.  Perfect aid to help us in these trying times.  I feel confident I have the right go-to guys for further mods in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to give a shout out to the team at Coolabode.  While I had some initial apprehensions four years ago when I made the switch from my local C4 dealer to Andrzej and Kyle at Coolabode.  These guys are nothing but the utmost professionals. 

One of the unexpected benefits is the speed at which I can get any concerns addressed.  When I had physical support from our local dealer, I had to wait days and often a few weeks for an appointment for SW changes and equipment upgrades.  

Coolabode is there for me often within minutes of emailing, calling or texting with a question or concern.  I've been able to operform upgrades and manage through two major OS transitions all via remote support.  It certainly helps if you know the difference between an optical, HDMI, ethernet and power cable, but that's really all the skill level you will need with these guys as your remote dealer.  (no requirement for network engineer certs.)    I couldn't be a bigger proponent as I'm confident you'll get the support you need from these guys.   A huge shout out and heartfelt thank you to both Andrzej and Kyle for improving my C4 user experience.  Without their support over the last four years, it's very likely I would have rip'd the C4 solution and moved on.  I am quite pleased I reached out to them and continued to invest in my C4 solution.   Thanks, Kevin Ray

I Also switched from a shotty dealer/Programmer to working with Andrzej From coolabode,he has brought me from wanting to rip the entire system out of my new home to a place that we are really happy with it ! Andrzej has proven time and time again that a few quick text messages and he can make any of my stuff work and flow like it should (i like to buy old used junk and challenge him)haha.

Him and i Text/Talk often and have developed a great friendship out of this ,and that i cant even put a value on!(We are going on 4 yrs i think)

As far as service ...there is no one even comparable Always fair pricing and very quick delivery!

Scott Martin

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/28/2020 at 4:34 AM, iumbastu said:

I just wanted to give a shout out to the team at Coolabode.  While I had some initial apprehensions four years ago when I made the switch from my local C4 dealer to Andrzej and Kyle at Coolabode.  These guys are nothing but the utmost professionals. 

One of the unexpected benefits is the speed at which I can get any concerns addressed.  When I had physical support from our local dealer, I had to wait days and often a few weeks for an appointment for SW changes and equipment upgrades.  

Coolabode is there for me often within minutes of emailing, calling or texting with a question or concern.  I've been able to operform upgrades and manage through two major OS transitions all via remote support.  It certainly helps if you know the difference between an optical, HDMI, ethernet and power cable, but that's really all the skill level you will need with these guys as your remote dealer.  (no requirement for network engineer certs.)    I couldn't be a bigger proponent as I'm confident you'll get the support you need from these guys.   A huge shout out and heartfelt thank you to both Andrzej and Kyle for improving my C4 user experience.  Without their support over the last four years, it's very likely I would have rip'd the C4 solution and moved on.  I am quite pleased I reached out to them and continued to invest in my C4 solution.   Thanks, Kevin Ray

Thank you for the kind words Kevin, always a breeze working with you.

• 1 month later...

I would like to reiterate what others have said about the team at Coolabode.  They are incredibly responsive to all of my requests (within hours ... sometimes within minutes including weekends and holidays).  Previously I used a local dealer and response times were days if not weeks and I had to pay for home visits (travel time) when they said it was required.  As long as you know your C4 components relatively well, I would highly recommend Andrzej and Kyle.  They thoroughly reviewed my project, recommended some updates, and their prices are very reasonable.  Feel free to DM me with any questions but I am extremely happy with the support from Andrzej and Kyle.

I just want to echo what everyone else has said. Andrzej and Kyle recently helped me get my system programmed quickly and working perfectly, and at very reasonable rates to boot. They have been extremely responsive--like others have said I've also gotten replies even to complex questions within minutes. They're easy to work with and know their stuff well, and I appreciated that they also helped me make good use of what I already had. Thanks to them I was able to get a system that works the way I want and stay within budget. Looking forward to working with them again in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

I can only say that there are TRUE programmers, that think and act with a certain logic. Then there are those that call themselves programmers because they watched some You-Tube videos on Control4. Andrzej is the real deal! I had a problem that required a TRUE programmer. My local dealer worked on it for hours. Even called C4 for support. The problem persisted. No one could "understand" the problem since all programming was seemingly accurate....Once I contacted Andrzej I knew I was in good hands. Within less than one hour he immediately identified the problem, and quickly implemented a solution. I highly recommend Coolabode, and Andrejz.  5 stars!!!  

• 4 weeks later...

Coolabode is a great dealer. We were able to give Andrejz and Kyle a list of things to be done. We were updated to OS3. They troubleshot and ran us through an RMA on a faulty amp. Excellent tips for a variety of smarthome questions. We'll definitely be using them in the future.

Their communication has been top notch as well, responding smoothly equally to email and text. They were able to quote me a reasonable price prior to starting the work.

I signed up for the forums just so I could leave them this review.

• 3 months later...

I worked with Andrzej and Kyle on several upgrades/additions to my control4 system.  They were extremely responsive to my questions/concerns and worked quickly to support my requests.  It was so much better than working with my local dealer in my opinion as they were way more responsive.  Yes, you may have to run some wires and move some equipment but as others have said you really don't have to have any working knowledge of the system to have Coolabode help you out.  I would highly recommend working with Andrzej and Kyle to anyone considering hiring a remote dealer for their system.

Similar to what others have said, I've had a great experience working with Andrzej and Kyle.  They've done a variety of remote programming work for me including:

• upgrading to OS3
  • purchasing and setting up an IP driver for my yamaha receiver (originally setup with IR which was a pain due to no feedback on volume and other status)
  • re-adding some lights that got dropped during a power outage
  • Debugging and resolving various issues audio routing issue I had after the original install
  • Adding new A/V inputs to my system for audio and video devices I had added

In addition to doing this work, they've been super helpful in answering questions and suggesting ways to get more out of my system (for example, pointing out that I could setup events from my security system in composer HE to turn lights on based on door or motion sensors).

They're both very knowledgeable and helpful and their prices are fair.  I highly recommend them if you are looking for someone to help you manage and improve your system remotely!

• 1 month later...

Thanks to @dcf_atl for having the same Dish issue I had and posting about how Kyle and Andrzej were able to help. I reached out to them here on the forum and they responded quickly, were easy to work with and got my Dish issue taken care of very quickly--and very fairly priced. Thanks again @AK1 and appreciate the work you did! 

6 minutes ago, rea said:

Thanks to @dcf_atl for having the same Dish issue I had and posting about how Kyle and Andrzej were able to help. I reached out to them here on the forum and they responded quickly, were easy to work with and got my Dish issue taken care of very quickly--and very fairly priced. Thanks again @AK1 and appreciate the work you did! 

Thanks, hopefully this Dish issue gets sorted out soon between Dish and Control4.

• 3 months later...

I moved my support to Coolabode in August 2020 after finally tiring of the poor service from my original installer. Andrzej has helped me a couple of times since then with some remote control programming and a few issues with C4 and Sonos integration. And I recently worked with Kyle on another Sonos-related issue which ended up being hardware-related (old Sonos Connect output failed).

In every instance, with both Andrzej and Kyle, I received a very quick response to my initial request and great communication and service throughout the entire process. And their pricing is very fair.

I highly recommend engaging the Coolabode team!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.