C4 Forums | Control4

Amplifier Wont Power On

I've been away on business for a few days, came home tonight, pressed house on, got settled in and went to listen to the radio and discovered no sound.

Looking at the rack it looked as if the amplifier power was off. I checked the power output of my UPS and it has power, tried a new cord from a separate wall plug to the amp and still nothing.

Is it a common problem for power supplies to burn out in these? Or are there other common issues with them?

If it is a power supply problem, does anyone know if the power supply from a media controller would be the same? The chassis is the same as the amp so wondering if the power supply would be. I ask because i have a media controller that i no longer use and could use this power supply if need be.

Anything else I should check before disconnecting all the wiring and removing it from the rack?

AVM-16A2-B

The Media Controller power supply is totally different from the 8 Zone amp power supply.  The 8 Zone amp power supply does have a fuse on it.  I would suggest checking the fuse to see if it has blown.  Note that it is a ceramic fuse and as such you won't be able to check it without a multimeter.

If that fails you will need to get a new power supply.

The Media Controller power supply is totally different from the 8 Zone amp power supply. The 8 Zone amp power supply does have a fuse on it. I would suggest checking the fuse to see if it has blown. Note that it is a ceramic fuse and as such you won't be able to check it without a multimeter.

If that fails you will need to get a new power supply.

Alan

Can you confirm if a power supply from a V3 amp will work in a V1 amp?

• 2 weeks later...

here is the thread http://www.c4forums.com/topic/12570-avm-16a2-b-questions-asner-only-48v-ps-dealer-willing-to-sponsor/

I don't know for sure that this unit will work...but its def close in model number. -11 is quoted this is a -21. You can also pull up specs on the supply if you google the manufacturer and model number. You very well may be able to MAKE something work. Depending how your electronics skills are of course! And it might be worth the money to replace the whole unit just to be able to sleep comfy at night.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/160955697353?lpid=82

Also on the google search, I found several companies that SAY they have them in stock and you can request a quote. But you know how that is...Again, I think the key is if that is the correct power supply. I've never owned one of those amps, so I really have no idea. But, if you can find one that meets the specs, and physically fits and that you can correctly connect the voltages supplied to the correct input locations, it SHOULD work.

Archived