C4 Forums | Control4

Fusion Ovation Music Streamer - any experience?

flydutch_70

hello everyone,

This is my first post. I would like to hear your experiences with the Ovation music player from Fusion Research.

I am about to pull the trigger on a new install for my new house and I had the contractor include a Ovation Signature rather then the discontinued OMS-0

Does anyone have experience with this?

Should I still consider the C4 Music Bridge because of its DLNA, say if I have to. Of music on a NAS that I want to access outside of my usual iTune playlists on my Apple devices?

I find that media scanning on Sonos is a bit more reliable than the Logitech media server on the Ovation/Netplay solutions. Plus you get more streaming services.

The only limitation with Sonos is the library cannot exceed 65000 files and Sonos will not play 192kbps hi res. LMS can handle a bit more in a library, but not much.

Our (Video Storm) NBX022 is an excellent alternative to Fusion oms.  From a cloud and local media standpoint, they are the same (both LMS).  Where they are different is we have patented mobile streaming tech that allows you to publish (and autoplay in C4) every room of your house directly to your phone/tablet.  Works both on IOS and Android as you would expect.  Definitely a step up in user experience for the customer.

NBX022 also has the option to add a second stream via software update at very low cost.

Finally, I might argue that our C4 MSP driver is much better, but that is more subjective....

LSDave, could you explain how Sonos is a little better with local media?  Perhaps we can add/fix this. 

All of our NetPlay products are available through C4s dealer portal or direct from us.

LSDave, could you explain how Sonos is a little better with local media?  Perhaps we can add/fix this. 

I've had a heck of a time tracking down files that hang up the LMS media scanning. Where Sonos has plowed through the same library without issue.  And then when LMS hangs on scanning it causes issues when browsing music from the control4 UI.

And yes the Airplay and DLNA streaming to the NBX is great.

The new driver works great so far.

I researched what I could on the NBX. it's certainly an options. You all put me back to rethink this through..,

My favorite services are SiriusXM, Spotify, Raphsody and Pandora besides a million mp3, flac and acc songs on a NAS and the need of Airplay to play from Apple devices directly.

I would like to access the services with the shortest amount of interaction (click this, click that next, that next ...)

use the free account rather then premium accounts

fall back on an app for those things that are not yet available in Control 4

I understand that all can play the services but what is your experience in what you can and cannot control within Control4?

I researched what I could on the NBX. it's certainly an options. You all put me back to rethink this through..,

My favorite services are SiriusXM, Spotify, Raphsody and Pandora besides a million mp3, flac and acc songs on a NAS and the need of Airplay to play from Apple devices directly.

I would like to access the services with the shortest amount of interaction (click this, click that next, that next ...)

use the free account rather then premium accounts

fall back on an app for those things that are not yet available in Control 4

I understand that all can play the services but what is your experience in what you can and cannot control within Control4?

No airplay on sonos..

No Spotify on anything without premium.

Hope this helps.

With NetPlay Audio (NBX series), SiriusXM, Spotify, and Pandora are all supported.  They do need to use the premium accounts through.  If you want to use the free services you can always do that using our mobile streaming capabilities.

Everything we do is supported via our driver for Composer 2.6.  In 2.5.3 or less, you are limited to no text entry (searches) and a more primitive interface.

I've had a heck of a time tracking down files that hang up the LMS media scanning. Where Sonos has plowed through the same library without issue.  And then when LMS hangs on scanning it causes issues when browsing music from the control4 UI.

And yes the Airplay and DLNA streaming to the NBX is great.

The new driver works great so far.

Any idea what files are causing this hanging?  Could you send us one of these?

Archived