C4 Forums | Control4

Irrigation Solutions

matthewismathis

Hello All,

One of my customers is looking for an irrigation system that can track weather forecasts and manage the water schedule automatically. He is also looking to integrate the irrigation system into the Control4 system. Last time I used an I/O extender, scheduler, and the start here app. It took 3 times longer to complete than I expected and my brain was fried from all of the variables. 

I was looking at the ICS One and the Irrigation Caddy, but those seems to have issues with their applications within the C4 OSD. I also do not think that there should be a subscription attached to the units.

What are y'all using that you are happy with and how are you using it? Is anyone using the app's in the 4store for these?

Thanks for the help.

Hello All,

One of my customers is looking for an irrigation system that can track weather forecasts and manage the water schedule automatically. He is also looking to integrate the irrigation system into the Control4 system. Last time I used an I/O extender, scheduler, and the start here app. It took 3 times longer to complete than I expected and my brain was fried from all of the variables. 

I was looking at the ICS One and the Irrigation Caddy, but those seems to have issues with their applications within the C4 OSD. I also do not think that there should be a subscription attached to the units.

What are y'all using that you are happy with and how are you using it? Is anyone using the app's in the 4store for these?

Thanks for the help.

The irrigation caddy does not have a subscription for its cloud service how ever it does not do weather service anyways. 

I would recommend installing a rain sensor and just using the IC unit. It works great. 

If you need to manually change a zone you can do so from all C4 interfaces. If you want to manage the schedule then just use the IC App or web page to edit the schedule.. Are you really going to change the schedule that much? 

Thanks for the recommendations. It looks like the rain8 and a rain sensor might be the way to go. I am surprised that there is not a generic C4 app that works by binding any relay. I am going to check out the cumulus driver.

You can bind the relay properties of the Irrigation Caddy Zones to sprinkler relays in the C4 UI 

Archived