C4 Forums | Control4

Can't Operate Volume With iOS App

subterFUSE

Just had an HC-250 installed with OS 2.6.

Everything is working great, except that the volume up and down buttons will not work on any of my Apple devices running iOS.  The Control4 remote works fine, as do the PC/Mac computer software.  My installer even had his Android phone operating the volumes correctly.

Is this a known issue?

Running iOS 8 on 2 iPads, and 2 iPhones.

All other controls such as channel, source, guide, etc... all working fine on the Apple devices.  Only the volume buttons don't work.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a similar problem with iOS. The volume doesn't respond straight away. Tap and nothing. Tap a couple of seconds later it responds. Also seems to skip by two occasionally.

If I change the volume using sr 250 I can see it changing immediately on the iOS device.

It's like a lost pixel or it needs to wake up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a similar problem with iOS. The volume doesn't respond straight away. Tap and nothing. Tap a couple of seconds later it responds. Also seems to skip by two occasionally.

If I change the volume using sr 250 I can see it changing immediately on the iOS device.

It's like a lost pixel or it needs to wake up

What iPhone?

Specify what you mean by volume buttons. The buttons on the interface, or do you mean the phone's own volume buttons.

I mean the volume control on the screen for C4. You push the Speaker in the top of the screen and then the plus or minus button for volume control. They don't work on iOS devices, but Android was fine. My regular Control 4 remote also works fine. So it can't be a driver issue. I think It's something wrong with the iOS software.

IR controlling my Anthem processor.

Problem is source independent. Problem only on iOS devices.

I would still look at the repeat count in the driver, if you're only seeing this on that receiver, it may be on the low side - that's something I've seen before (including remotes being fine but iOS not)

I don't think I have a "zones" page.  I'm only running 1 room.

I have had Control4 with an HC-300 for many years.  The way we had to adjust volume was by using the Speaker icon at the top of my iPhone schreen, and then there were plus and minus buttons that would appear.

How I have an HC-250 with the HC-300 as an extender.

Under OS 2.6 and iOS 8, those plus and minus buttons no longer work.  But the Android app works fine, as does my Control 4 remote.

There are no other volume controls that I see on my screen besides those.

• 2 weeks later...

Having same problem with mine. Worked before thru the app but not now. Also when I try to use the app to control the volume it messes up my 250 remote to where it won't control volume until I reboot the 250 controller. I can reproduce it. Just went thru it three times.

2.6, 250 controller, 250 remote, IOS app for 2.6

Archived