C4 Forums | Control4

E-mail alerts from HE/4-Sight

Seefour

Can someone let me know how to intiate e-mail alerts from C4 software? I presume it is done from HE or 4Sight. Although the literature indicates it can be done I can not figure out how to do it and it is probably really obvious!

Thanks.

Can someone let me know how to intiate e-mail alerts from C4 software? I presume it is done from HE or 4Sight. Although the literature indicates it can be done I can not figure out how to do it and it is probably really obvious!

Thanks.

If you do have a 4Sight subscription, then you use Composer HE to create an email template. Email templates are under AGENTS. You create whatever templates you want, then when you go into programming you navigate to those agents in the action pane and select to send an email. At that stage (in the action pane) you can modify your exact message from the template, but see my post from a couple of days ago . . . you need to click into the Conditionals tab and back to the Commands tab for yourchange to take effect.

Let me know if that's not clear enough and I can go into more detail, but it sounds like you were just looking for the general location.

But, as Alan said, you do need a 4sight subscription for it to work!

It's a great feature, one of the things I like most about C4!!

--Jason

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I do have an active 4Sight subscription and HE; I just never knew where to find the spot to trigger these. I'll play around with HE and get back to you if there are any problems.

Many thanks!

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I do have an active 4Sight subscription and HE; I just never knew where to find the spot to trigger these. I'll play around with HE and get back to you if there are any problems.

Many thanks!

I have 4sight and had no problems with email. I renewed however and now I get an "no controller found" type error. The remote access function stays disabled. Can i manually add my controller to mycontrol4 somehow? Or do i need to wait for my dealer to do it?

Thanks

• 1 year later...

is there a way to send an Email as a text message to my cell phone from 4-sight? ie, I have a smoke detector relay connected to my system, when it goes off it turns on my lights, but I want to send a message to my phone(so if I'm not home) ..."your house is on fire" (it's a log home you know)

Any suggestions out there?

Thanks.

Try these

Alltel

[10-digit phone number]@message.alltel.com

Example: 2125551212@message.alltel.com

AT&T (formerly Cingular)

[10-digit phone number]@txt.att.net

Example: 2125551212@txt.att.net

Boost Mobile

[10-digit phone number]@myboostmobile.com

Example: 2125551212@myboostmobile.com