C4 Forums | Control4

Composer Debugging Advice

Brent87

I'm new to the forum but had C4 installed a few months back and I'm having fun with programming in Composer HE.  My question: does anyone have a good recommendation for a debugging or system logging program?   I have a few "strange" things happening on my system and I'd like to know what program code is causing it.  Example: I have the one of my 6 button keypads programmed for "music" and for the LED to turn green when the music is on.   It works fine, but the LED turns green for 1 second, then goes black for some reason.  I can't find the code that is causing this so I'd like some way to see what code is being executed.  

I have a few other similar issues I'd like to debug.  I see the log in the Composer sofware, but it's too detailed and doesn't make much sense to me.   Any suggestions?  Thanks!

I believe the Detective Suite is not included in HE - that would be the best place to look at all programming and search for terms.

Barring that, one of the best ways is to post the programming here with the issue and see what people can figure out. ;)

On the side - you LED issue is probably no a matter of programming, but the LED setting on keypad having it reverting to release color.

Detective suite is not included in HE, but sounds like that's what Ineed...it's frustrating at times to find were some of the programming resides.   I guess I'll keep bugging everyone with my issues here :)

THanks for the advice on the LED setting, but I looked in to it and can't find anything triggering the release color.  I also have another button on the same keypad for "TV" that turns on the television and sets the LED to green.  That's working fine and it doesn't have any different programming for the LED  compared to the "music" button.   Any other suggestions or places to look?  

Archived