C4 Forums | Control4

Is anyone running MyHome on Windows 8.1 tablet?

vstar

if so would you please be able to tell me how much ram is used when just MyHome is running?

reason I ask is there are some very inexpensive 8.1 tablets now available and i was looking at 1 or more as dedicated MyHome interfaces, the particular ones I am looking at are only 1GB ram of which i believe windows uses approx 700MB when running which does not leave much for applications. I suspect MyHome is fairly light but just wanted to ask in case someone knew for sure?

thank you.

too bad, thanks any ways Cy. Ya i would expect it to run very well on the surface, they have at least 2gb ram for operating if not more depending on model i believe.

i think it will be cutting it close on the 1gb but worth a try for the price, futureshop and bestbuy from our neck of the woods (Canada)has the HP Stream 7 for $119 Can, they are quad core so cpu wise i am confident it will be fine.

Went last night to try it in the store but they don't have them on display for some bizarre reason, maybe too new for them and they just have not had a chance or too cheap and they dont care to take up display space? ill grab one in next day or two and post my results. i think they are like a $99 tablet in the USA, the 1 gb would be limiting for concurrent multiapp use but i am hoping that dedicated myhome will be fine. 

thanks

I have an ASUS Transformer T100, which is a Windows 8.1 tablet with keyboard dock. It runs great on here, but I don't know how much ram it has. I also don't know how to check and see how much RAM it's using. If you can give me instructions on how to check that, I'd be happy to do it for you.

Archived