C4 Forums | Control4

Help!My system is a nightmare! I need help!

I need help getting my Denon 3311-CI online with my control4 system.

So I upgraded my reciever and I got this Denon(it was recommended by the salesman) and I have had nothing but problems.

It worked great when it was first installed but my home router crashed and I had to replace it.

So I assumed that the ip address must have changed and my director can't find it now. Programmer 

finally came 4 months later and got it up and running. He said that he has it assigned via mac address

now so I shouldn't have the ip issues anymore. Well, my remote went out and I bought a new one

and when the programmer came out to program it and he must have messed with something because

my receiver is NOT on the network again!!!This is nutts! I have composer home edition but you can't

add equiptment,drivers,or vchange ip adresses for that matter, which is stupid if you ask me. Does someone

know a way for me to go in and change the settings?  Help!!!

No, nothing short of illigally hacking the software or becoming a delaer(employee) will get you that access - that said, even if you DID have ComposerPro, if the receiver is not on the network, that wouldn't help you at all.

First you'd have to find out IF it's on the network still (for example try using the original remote to access online music services or a firmware check). If it is - you should be able to find it's current adress.

If it ISN'T - and that seems more likely at this point - you'd need to find out why first - could be as harmless as a loose network cable or as bad as a blown port on the Denon receiver.

I have this exact receiver.  It is about 4-5 years old, wonder why they suggested you install it (assuming install was recent).  It is a good sounding receiver but it was known to have flaky network boards and some early production models had free board replacements early on.  That said, I have an HC-250 in that room, so I have an RS232 connection between the HC-250 and Denon.  It has been flawless for a year.  But I do not keep the Denon on my network.  I have sonos to stream music.  Most people recommend not doing the software updates on the Denon as it can totally brick the amp.

I still use serial for AVR's whenever possible.  Maybe it's a superstitious thing, but I never have issues with serial controlled equipment.  My Denon has been controlled via serial for close to 6 years, thing still comes on/off, whenever I need it to.  

Archived