C4 Forums | Control4

Can the 16x16 audio matrix handle dual volume control?

wappinghigh

If I want to still use volume on the source : be it Sonos/Bluesound/or Rocki?... What do I do with the Matrix volume control? Fix it? Can this setting : switching between fixed and variable be easily set and reset in Composer Pro programming?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think he care about any of that. His family primarily uses Spotify and sounds like they use the Spotify app mostly and the Sonos integration isn't great. Though I think if he utilized favorites and the search functionality they would be fine

I think sonos and control4 now kick ass and the c4 app is generally all you need if set up well. Just need sonos for setting up new services and making favorite stations, channels, etc

I can tell you you can't change volume endpoints or 'freeze' the audio matrix. However, you CAN set a C4 Music Bridge, and I believe a Sonos and likely others, to be a room's audio endpoint 1/audio volume endpoint 1 (and the matrix/amp as endpoint 2, then program if that 'source' is in use to default the volume on the matrix (or amp, or...) to a desired level and use you phone volume from there.

I can tell you you can't change volume endpoints or 'freeze' the audio matrix. However, you CAN set a C4 Music Bridge, and I believe a Sonos and likely others, to be a room's audio endpoint 1/audio volume endpoint 1 (and the matrix/amp as endpoint 2, then program if that 'source' is in use to default the volume on the matrix (or amp, or...) to a desired level and use you phone volume from there.

Awesome. This is precisely what I want to do and the information and confirmation I was after. Thankyou!!!

Archived