C4 Forums | Control4

Kwikset lock - Low Battery Text programming question

eggzlot

6 hours ago, Cyknight said:

Try executing the programming under the first image right from composer, then check if the variable changes and you get an email.

If so, you know the programming is correct and the issue is the lock.

If not, then I'd try draiing one of the email address in pic 4 OUTSIDE of the IF statement and execute then - if you still don't get an email at that point, either there's something up with your 4Sight (ie expired) or perhaps the 'vtext' isn't passing the email.

From there, try a 'regular' email address vs an email to text, and see if that comes through. If it does, you may have an issue in the format (may have changed) or the provider for your phone is blocking the email.

I am at work now so I can try executing the programming under the image in composer later today.

I did do a reboot remotely using the houselogix driver.  Same issue with 4sight, the main page shows it expires today, software section has todays date and also another line item for a future expiration (which is a good thing) and my iOS app still has the future 2017 expiration date.

Since the reboot did not work, I'll ask my dealer to try to re-register the controller.

re: the vtext set up, last week when our dog sitter came to get our dog, we got the text she entered the house.  We also accidentally set off our alarm and got the text.  Within the last 7 days I have gotten the regular/expected 3-4 random text messages that I should have gotten.  I have to figure the door lock did not go from "low" to "very low" to "cannot operate battery" since I got the last text from C4 (about 5 days ago).  Is it possible Verizon changed their texting yes - my dog sitter is coming again later today, should I get her text message when she enters, I can be 100% confident its not the format/ability to text the email.

On 3/16/2016 at 1:27 AM, Cyknight said:

Try executing the programming under the first image right from composer, then check if the variable changes and you get an email.

If so, you know the programming is correct and the issue is the lock.

If not, then I'd try draiing one of the email address in pic 4 OUTSIDE of the IF statement and execute then - if you still don't get an email at that point, either there's something up with your 4Sight (ie expired) or perhaps the 'vtext' isn't passing the email.

From there, try a 'regular' email address vs an email to text, and see if that comes through. If it does, you may have an issue in the format (may have changed) or the provider for your phone is blocking the email.

Under Composer HE I can hit execute and I get the text message.  My dealer said I may need a second variable and with that method I'd get 1 text when it hits low battery, then another text when it hits very low battery.  I would not get a text per day (say at 8am) if the battery is low.  Which is fine, I really do not need daily reminders.  1 at low and 1 at very low would be sufficient.

I have not been able to sync back up with my dealer - any idea on how to tweak to get to that state?

Archived