C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain - Kodi Lite (XBMC) Driver for Control4

alanchow

Alanchow Is it possible with Amazon Fire TV with Kodi (XBMC) installed, to be able to communicate with Chowmain – Kodi Lite (XBMC) Driver?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I answered this via PM but will answer here for anyone who is curious.

Unfortunately we do not have access to the hardware here in Australia. The driver comes with a 48 hour trial so you will have to do the testing yourself sorry.

I answered this via PM but will answer here for anyone who is curious.

Unfortunately we do not have access to the hardware here in Australia. The driver comes with a 48 hour trial so you will have to do the testing yourself sorry.

Does anyone have a suggestion for an android set top box or media player to work with Chowmain – Kodi Lite (XBMC) What brand and model? Something under $200.

Alanchow Is it possible with Amazon Fire TV with Kodi (XBMC) installed, to be able to communicate with Chowmain – Kodi Lite (XBMC) Driver?

B REAL, Did you try Amazon Fire TV Driver (with XMBC) with Kodi Driver or with the Plex Driver?

I'm very curious to see how this turns out. I think the big IF at the moment may be if the Control4 can get the Kodi to launch on the FireTV. After it launches it should work fine in theory. It's just getting it started.

Yep agreed the issue with be launching the app. If you can install and run LANmote then the driver should work perfectly. The driver is designed to switch between Android and Kodi using this method.

Hello Alan,

I've tried Kodi Lite and it works well, but I am having an issue.  I am trying to import  "Home Videos". I have them appearing on KODI in the Movie List but they don't import into the C4 Media List.  I've tried with these two methods and no luck.   http://kodi.wiki/view/Custom_video_entries 

Is this an unsupported feature or am I doing something wrong?

Hello Alan,

I've tried Kodi Lite and it works well, but I am having an issue. I am trying to import "Home Videos". I have them appearing on KODI in the Movie List but they don't import into the C4 Media List. I've tried with these two methods and no luck. http://kodi.wiki/view/Custom_video_entries

Is this an unsupported feature or am I doing something wrong?

Unfortunately locally stored thumbnails are not supported. In order to resolve an issue where KODI's massive cover art sizes big down director and eventually crash of (recluse av's driver had this problem) we had to leverage online cloud image resizing. To do this we send the cloud resizer the URL of the image scrapped by the scrapper (usually TMDB if left as default) and it returns a nice resized image which we import nicely.

Seems like Mitch figured out how to get it to work.  See link below.

http://www.c4forums.com/topic/16659-amazon-fire-tv-wkodi-xbmc/?p=143891

Hi guys,

Have uploaded a new version of the driver with the following changes.

Version #20150305 - 05-MAR-2015
  • Resolved issue on some systems where automatic on sends on command again every time a new file plays.

Version #20150303 - 03-MAR-2015
  • Number 1 now jumps to first page in navigation mode
  • Number 0 now jumps to last page in navigation mode

Version #20150220 - 20-FEB-2015
  • Modified Auto Room On code.  Now selects device as audio or video only depending on audio, video or photo.  Note there are times when Kodi's API returns an unknown media type.  In this case it will turn it on as a video source.

Version #20150218 - 18-FEB-2015
  • Added Random All, One and Off commands to programming tab
  • Added Play URL programming command for playback of videos and photos

Version #20150113 - 13-JAN-2015
  • Added customisable PREV & CANCEL buttons as some customers were not happy with the mapping.

Unfortunately locally stored thumbnails are not supported. In order to resolve an issue where KODI's massive cover art sizes big down director and eventually crash of (recluse av's driver had this problem) we had to leverage online cloud image resizing. To do this we send the cloud resizer the URL of the image scrapped by the scrapper (usually TMDB if left as default) and it returns a nice resized image which we import nicely.

I'm not referring to the thumbnails, I would just like the ability to select it, regardless of what thumbnail it has and have it play from the control4 interface. 

gtA7w.jpg

Notice how my overview video is missing?  Do I have some data that doesn't jive with the driver, or control4's media importer?  Thank for the input. 

I'm not referring to the thumbnails, I would just like the ability to select it, regardless of what thumbnail it has and have it play from the control4 interface. 

Notice how my overview video is missing?  Do I have some data that doesn't jive with the driver, or control4's media importer?  Thank for the input. 

Thanks. Please submit a ticket to the Houselogix Support page.  Please include a copy of the lua debug output.  You may need to provide remote access to your system for troubleshooting.

Thanks. Please submit a ticket to the Houselogix Support page.  Please include a copy of the lua debug output.  You may need to provide remote access to your system for troubleshooting.

Hey Alan, got in contact with them but they were not able to help me.  It seems kodi is unable to import videos if no cover art exists online.  Would it be possible in a future update to have a generic cover art for movies that are not found so they are at least able to import? Or a manual way to import them via the media tab new media button?  Thank you for all your help and sorry for my persistence. 

Some use cases for this.

Client's Family Videos, provide them an easy way in control4 to view them

Business' wanting to show a client a specific product video on the tv's, could even be triggered by sensors

Control4 Dealer Demo, show specific, or custom control4 video showcasing the system

Hey Alan, got in contact with them but they were not able to help me. It seems kodi is unable to import videos if no cover art exists online. Would it be possible in a future update to have a generic cover art for movies that are not found so they are at least able to import? Or a manual way to import them via the media tab new media button? Thank you for all your help and sorry for my persistence.

Some use cases for this.

Client's Family Videos, provide them an easy way in control4 to view them

Business' wanting to show a client a specific product video on the tv's, could even be triggered by sensors

Control4 Dealer Demo, show specific, or custom control4 video showcasing the system

You can add another network file storage driver in and manually scan it into control4. Thus will work and play back.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi guys,

Uploaded a maintenance release of the driver which improves movie import functionality.

Version #20150305 - 05-MAR-2015

• Improved movie import algorithm.  Should now import all movies regardless if the movie ID is sequential or not.  Also if cover art is not available for download (poor internet connection or URL does not return an image) then it will insert the movie with no cover art.
  • Resolved issue where automatic update of movie library would not work if controller is rebooted.

Ha!

Finally my import works somewhat - just the cover art is missing. Kinda strange because both HTPC and HC250 are online though.

Can I re-try to import my cover art?

If the cover art is missing it is due to either

A) you have local cover art. The driver does not support local cover art files (eg folder.jpg or .tbn files). Delete these and rescan the items into your xbmc library

B) the URL returned by the library cannot be reachable (this can be caused by .nfo files usually that points to an older url that is no longer available)

Once you have fixed these you can perform an import again.

• 1 month later...

Hi Alan,

I'm currently using Control4 for a HTPC with IP control  I mainly use the HTPC with WMC because I have a Ceton InfiniTV with Cox live TV and DVR.  I've been reading up on your drivers and thinking about switching to Kodi as well as your driver package. 

Could you help me with the question below?

Can I source my media files from a NAS in order to utilize the "Movies" functionality in control4 (assuming the controller sees my NAS as a media source)?  Basically does your driver allow me to start playing a movie in Kodi that is sourced in my NAS and not directly on the PC? 

Hi Alan,

I'm currently using Control4 for a HTPC with IP control I mainly use the HTPC with WMC because I have a Ceton InfiniTV with Cox live TV and DVR. I've been reading up on your drivers and thinking about switching to Kodi as well as your driver package.

Could you help me with the question below?

Can I source my media files from a NAS in order to utilize the "Movies" functionality in control4 (assuming the controller sees my NAS as a media source)? Basically does your driver allow me to start playing a movie in Kodi that is sourced in my NAS and not directly on the PC?

The KODI LITE driver can playback moves scanned into Control4 that is stored on a NAS. The better way of doing thing though is to have KODI setup to scan your NAS and catalog automatically catalog it's library. The KODI LITE driver can then be set up to aromatically import and update the library. This means that you no longer need to manually catalog your movies.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.