C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain - Kodi Lite (XBMC) Driver for Control4

alanchow

Hi Alan

Is there any specific reason why "suspend" isn't included as a specific command but "hibernate" which is kind of unusual as most PC do suspend as S3 mode.

We removed it for Kodi lite for some reason. Forgot why but I added it back into the latest version of Kodi full we released a few weeks back.

Is there any chance to put it back into the "Lite Version" also as it is quite useful - the current Hibernate function sends my PC to "off state" - probably a Linux issue.

Since I use Kodi in conjunction with Emby media server the import to Control4 does not work correctly (cover art isn't imported) - so an upgrade to the full driver is of doubtful use for me at the moment

Is there any chance to put it back into the "Lite Version" also as it is quite useful - the current Hibernate function sends my PC to "off state" - probably a Linux issue.

Since I use Kodi in conjunction with Emby media server the import to Control4 does not work correctly (cover art isn't imported) - so an upgrade to the full driver is of doubtful use for me at the moment

I'll add it to the list though i won't release an update until there is enough features to warrant an update.  I haven't used emby myself but if its a video addon it'll work just like any other addon and can be browsed through Control4.

Hi All, i´m facing problems with keep database updated, every time that I access the control4 app the films is not there, every time I need to run again the wizard to populate my database.

Does anyone have this issue?

If the movies disappear its probably because you haven't setup the 'fake network file storage' correctly.  Please follow the installation guide to make sure you're doing it right.

If you still have troubles please submit a ticket to our helpdesk on houselogix.

Is there anyway to map the remote number buttons to the keyboard number keys?  I've been testing with the HD Homerun app on a Raspberry Pi, which works, but I can't change channel with C4 remote, have to use the keyboard.

The JSON-RPC does not allow for you to fire key presses unfortunately.  If HD Homerun is supported as a PVR backend on Kodi then it will be compatible with our upcoming mini driver for Kodi Full.  Heres a sneak peak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTljJ8BYQVM

I'll add it to the list though i won't release an update until there is enough features to warrant an update. I haven't used emby myself but if its a video addon it'll work just like any other addon and can be browsed through Control4.

OK thank you, that's fine. I am in no hurry and just noticed it a couple if days ago.

By is a video addon but it changes a lot. When I got time I will submit a ticket to houselogix and try to figure out why it is not working

The JSON-RPC does not allow for you to fire key presses unfortunately.  If HD Homerun is supported as a PVR backend on Kodi then it will be compatible with our upcoming mini driver for Kodi Full.  Heres a sneak peak.

Thanks.  I'm not sure if the Homerun app is supported as a PVR backend or not.  I guess the only way to get around it would be to have IR support built into the Kodi driver, to accommodate the IR remotes you can add to Kodi.

It's not that I plan on using the Raspberry as a PVR, it'll mostly be use for movie playback, but the Homerun app works pretty well and can act as a nice backup with the wife and kids have tied up the 4 Comcast boxes.   With the Raspberry on the HDMI matrix, I'd be able to use it for TV as well.

Great work though on the app.  Thanks.

Thanks. I'm not sure if the Homerun app is supported as a PVR backend or not. I guess the only way to get around it would be to have IR support built into the Kodi driver, to accommodate the IR remotes you can add to Kodi.

It's not that I plan on using the Raspberry as a PVR, it'll mostly be use for movie playback, but the Homerun app works pretty well and can act as a nice backup with the wife and kids have tied up the 4 Comcast boxes. With the Raspberry on the HDMI matrix, I'd be able to use it for TV as well.

Great work though on the app. Thanks.

The current homerun app isn't supported by this driver due to how the homerun app works. Maybe the never version will be different?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The current homerun app isn't supported by this driver due to how the homerun app works. Maybe the never version will be different?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I've gathered so far on SiliconDust's website is it won't be, but I will attempt to remain hopefull.  :)  Would be a nice inexpensive complete package if it did. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Alan

Is there any specific reason why "suspend" isn't included as a specific command but "hibernate" which is kind of unusual as most PC do suspend as S3 mode.

This feature has now been implemented amongst other things.

Version #20151026 - 26-OCT-2015

• Added ability to programatically change Audio Channels, Audio Passthrough, Video Resolution, Video Refresh Rate, Video Windowed Mode. Should assist with various matrixed setups.

Version #20151020 - 20-OCT-2015

• Made improvements to licencing algorithm. Should resolve issues on OS 2.8 systems with intermittent internet connections.
  • Reimplemented Suspend functionality

• 2 weeks later...

I have a project that contains both drivers, Kodi Lite and Plex Home Theater.  I use both programs so the drivers are bound to the same destination IP address.  I don't run both apps at the same time.  I switch back and forth depending on my needs.  I do not use the Plex Media Server driver, and it is not in the project.

I use Kodi lite to load the Kodi Movies Media (following the instructions with the driver) and the import works great.  No problem, however when I use a navigator to select a movie title, the system switches to the plex driver, not the kodi driver.  It does this even if the plex app isn't running.  The plex driver will show connected even if Plex isn't running but Kodi is.  (likely because they share the same code base for now)  If I remove the plex driver from the project, then it works correctly.

(I am testing the new Plex Media Player app, but it's not a JSON app, so isn't controllable with the plex driver.  If you want me to test an updated driver for you, happy to do so, but that's off topic)

In addition, I have the Kodi Lite driver FULLSCREEN_TOGGLE assigned to the Blue button on an SR250 and when pressed during playback, it is bringing up the HOME screen.  When pressed at the home screen when nothing is playing, it does nothing.  I was assuming fullscreen toggle is the same function as the backslash keyboard command.

Thanks for looking into this.  If you need more data from me, please let me know.

I have a project that contains both drivers, Kodi Lite and Plex Home Theater.  I use both programs so the drivers are bound to the same destination IP address.  I don't run both apps at the same time.  I switch back and forth depending on my needs.  I do not use the Plex Media Server driver, and it is not in the project.

I use Kodi lite to load the Kodi Movies Media (following the instructions with the driver) and the import works great.  No problem, however when I use a navigator to select a movie title, the system switches to the plex driver, not the kodi driver.  It does this even if the plex app isn't running.  The plex driver will show connected even if Plex isn't running but Kodi is.  (likely because they share the same code base for now)  If I remove the plex driver from the project, then it works correctly.

(I am testing the new Plex Media Player app, but it's not a JSON app, so isn't controllable with the plex driver.  If you want me to test an updated driver for you, happy to do so, but that's off topic)

In addition, I have the Kodi Lite driver FULLSCREEN_TOGGLE assigned to the Blue button on an SR250 and when pressed during playback, it is bringing up the HOME screen.  When pressed at the home screen when nothing is playing, it does nothing.  I was assuming fullscreen toggle is the same function as the backslash keyboard command.

Thanks for looking into this.  If you need more data from me, please let me know.

1. You cannot utilise Kodi and Plex drivers in the same room (not even sure why you would want two media players considering they both do similar things).  The symptoms described are what happens if you use both drivers in the same project.  Control4 will choose whichever media player to play back on and is out of our control.  If you need two different media players for some reason i recommend using our Kodi Full driver rather than Kodi Lite as it does not rely on Control4's database (leaving Plex to use the database).
  2. Fullscreen Toggle will toggle only when playback is playing (same function as backslash)
  3. In future please contact us via 1 means.  I have answered this same support request via c4forums, official control4 forums and via our helpdesk.  Our prefered contact means is via our helpdesk.

• 9 months later...

So, I'm still pretty new to C4 and my installer just did the basic to get me going and let me expand as I go. I'm using a raspberry pi right now and looking to get a Synology NAS once I research a little more on which model and money and everything else.

This kodi driver seems like exactly what I want to control everything for my media, but my question is do i just pull the trigger and ask my installer to add the driver or wait until the NAS if it will be a lot of configuring all over again. I feel like now that I can see what C4 is capable of I will be bugging my integrator a lot in the beginning to add all kinds of things.

6 hours ago, koxkp said:

So, I'm still pretty new to C4 and my installer just did the basic to get me going and let me expand as I go. I'm using a raspberry pi right now and looking to get a Synology NAS once I research a little more on which model and money and everything else.

This kodi driver seems like exactly what I want to control everything for my media, but my question is do i just pull the trigger and ask my installer to add the driver or wait until the NAS if it will be a lot of configuring all over again. I feel like now that I can see what C4 is capable of I will be bugging my integrator a lot in the beginning to add all kinds of things.

Both our Kodi Lite and Full drivers integrate the library itself and not any specific storage options.  As such you can add in whatever storage you want later on and if the driver is set up correctly Control4 will import the movies from the new storage device.

If you plan on using Kodi for more than just movies then you will most likely want to get our Kodi full driver which has better movie library integration, tv show integration, music, addons and more.  See link below for more info

• 2 years later...

Hi, 

I have been using the Kodi lite drive for some time now. Just updated one of my C2-odroid to Kodi 18beta4 and I have no control. In Composer it shows connected with the current version but no control with the sr260, and no "Control4 connected" popup on reboot. I can connect and control the C2 fine from the Kodi Kore remote app. 

1 minute ago, Alt said:

Hi, 

I have been using the Kodi lite drive for some time now. Just updated one of my C2-odroid to Kodi 18beta4 and I have no control. In Composer it shows connected with the current version but no control with the sr260, and no "Control4 connected" popup on reboot. I can connect and control the C2 fine from the Kodi Kore remote app. 

Kodi 18 mades some breaking changes to all HTTP based control.  We have a driver in beta which is not due for release until Leia is released.  For now we recommend using Kodi 17.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.