C4 Forums | Control4

Multi Zones from Yamaha Aventage Amps

moirons

I have 3 areas I am trying to run from an Aventage Amp.

First is a 7.2 theatre room

Second is a stereo zone with screen above the spa bath

Third is a stereo zone at the BBQ.  (this cuts out the rear effects in Theater Room)

When setting it up in composer do I add the same amp to each zone then pick off the respective inputs to the area?

Am I trying to be too clever and should simply add another amp?

C4 does not recommend using AV receivers for multi zone control. having said that it is fairly easy to do and is best with a serial or IP controlled amp for user feed back with volume and such. Try to match all sources using both analog and HDMI connections to the same inputs as C4 will always prefer the highest quality connection even if it is not available to another zone. This especially trouble some feeding hdmi and analog audio from a controller. Depending on the amp you can use the default analog audio speak point in composer to act as a connection for the audio only rooms. just be sure to make the proper room end points as well. Good luck! 

We had an issue some years back with a 1020 & 2020 on a project where the client wanted to use them as multi-room amps, the problem we came across was the HC800 sends its first stream out on HDMI if no other streams are required then thats all the Yamaha will get if composer has the HC800 HDMI connection set to the the amp or a matrix. The problem comes with the Yamaha will only take RCA stereo for zones 2 & 3 so you will get nothing.

The solution is to only use the RCA outputs on the controller then the Yamaha can share them with all zones

We had an issue some years back with a 1020 & 2020 on a project where the client wanted to use them as multi-room amps, the problem we came across was the HC800 sends its first stream out on HDMI if no other streams are required then thats all the Yamaha will get if composer has the HC800 HDMI connection set to the the amp or a matrix. The problem comes with the Yamaha will only take RCA stereo for zones 2 & 3 so you will get nothing.

The solution is to only use the RCA outputs on the controller then the Yamaha can share them with all zones

not true the controllers are capable of multiple stream outputs with proper programming

not true the controllers are capable of multiple stream outputs with proper programming

??? I did not say the controller could not do multiple streams!

The point I was attempting to make is the Yahama AVR will not play a HDMI stream to zones 2 & 3.

Looks like Yamaha have solved my problem in their new set of Aventage amps.  They now come with zone assignable second HDMI outputs..

Now I have to work out how to get it past the wife that I need to sell the 4 amps I have and replace them with 3 new ones at triple the cost....

Archived