C4 Forums | Control4

What should I do for security programming

brycebba

Wow

Does your wife the employee consider paying customers a bother also !

Stop crying over it lol. You hijacked my thread and I tried to give you as detailed of a response as I knew and now I'm just trying to get it back on track so I can get some answers.

• 5 months later...

So I finally got my concord4 and automation module hooked up and everything is working. My question is if I can add some of my zigbee sensors like my door sensors, motion, etc. to my project and connect those to zones in the security panel so that they will actually trigger that zone to fault just as if the sensor connected to the panel had tripped itself. 

Only way to do that is to connect a relay from a controller to a zone on the panel - I'm NOT stating this is a proper method, and messing with security panels this way can cause you some grief if there ever IS a problem (extreme example, insurance company can claim a  knowingly faulty panel setup and void your policy - yes very extreme, but it's happened)

You can usually trigger and alarm from the system (panic for example) but you were asking about seeing 'C4 sensors' in the security panel.

Sorry I think I must not have explained it well. I was wanting c4 sensors to be able trigger the alarm so I guess even if c4 sensors tripping could just send the serial code to trigger the alarm like a panic then that would work

Archived