C4 Forums | Control4

Different Volumes for Different Needs

JerryR

I have set the default volumes for various rooms in the house based on our typical needs.  The issue is that I've now created an "Arriving Home" macro that does a number of things including the playing of house music.  This house music though I want played at about 75% or so of the volume that audio normally starts at.  

My question is whether there is a good way to set to play a playlist in 5 rooms all at 15 on the C4 Matrix amp instead of 20 for this macro only.  

You'd have to program each room to go to a specific volume using the CURRENT_VOLUME varaiable under the room variable break-out.

When using default volumes, put a small delay (250ms should do) in front of the volume setting though to ensure it doesn't set volume then goes to default afterwards.

You'd have to program each room to go to a specific volume using the CURRENT_VOLUME varaiable under the room variable break-out.

When using default volumes, put a small delay (250ms should do) in front of the volume setting though to ensure it doesn't set volume then goes to default afterwards.

Thanks.  It'd be nice to have a feature to set a session volume so all rooms added to the session go at a certain volume and not have to do it individually by room.  Would shorten programming by a ton.  Oh well, such as it is I can do it this way. 

Archived