C4 Forums | Control4

Anyone Used System in Mobile Application / RV

gresults

I did an RV once. Power Inverter and UPS to make power stable. Put a HC250 in and some other goodies. Only issue is the obvious no way to connect remotely. It was all local control. Had wifi network though. It all worked. Some of the things we did were:

Controlled the inside and outside TV with DirecTv (had the mobile dish system)

Controlled some motion sensors for security and some door sensors (he could arm with a hidden button we put in)

Controlled Audio system

Controlled a pressure sensor on the back bed to let him know if his kid was sneaking out

That was about it. Couldn't do lighting because it was all goofy BUT he can use Hue lighting so I may be programming that into the system soon.

Hope this helps

Done a few, UPS!!!!!!

Low voltage lighting via relays

A/V.

One controller as master plus an i/o extender on inverter to allow lighting control in all scenarios plus basic music (seperate speakerpoint for inside music - only option when not hooked up - would use a sonos now).

Other controllers for A/V (TVs, outside music, bedroom music) when hooked only.

Internet and remote connections not a problem - cradle with 3G (well ok provided there is coverage).

Several sensors too - motion, tanks.

In short: it's done anyou're not asking anything too strange!

Easiest of course for a custom build - wiring option are limited and tight.

Done a few, UPS!!!!!!

Low voltage lighting via relays

A/V.

One controller as master plus an i/o extender on inverter to allow lighting control in all scenarios plus basic music (seperate speakerpoint for inside music - only option when not hooked up - would use a sonos now).

Other controllers for A/V (TVs, outside music, bedroom music) when hooked only.

Internet and remote connections not a problem - cradle with 3G (well ok provided there is coverage).

Several sensors too - motion, tanks.

In short: it's done anyou're not asking anything too strange!

Easiest of course for a custom build - wiring option are limited and tight.

Another neat lighting solution would be one of the DMX ones. Either on existing 12-24v or new LED to improve battery life.

Does require stringing the DMX control line from light to light though.

Ummm Sorry. What's an RV? Happy new year to all !!! It's like 2015 in 90 min already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy New year. The old world's call it a caravan with an engine. Or a camper Van.

Old world camper Van

camper-van.jpg

Though like everything American it is bigger thorough that means rolling they do about 8 gallons per mile and owners tow cars behind to use at the destination.

New world camper Van (aka RV) towing what most of the world calls a large car / truck / suv

BEFEA5F9-2795-A950-83F7-9C71E3C03F5B.jpg

DMX is an option, and we've done it,  but you're adding a considerable load to the controller, requiring a bigger controller, plus all that DMX actually eats more power than some lights on an i/o relay set.

For one of the aboce- sure. Something a bit more moderate - different matter.

Archived