C4 Forums | Control4

Replacing RFID dead bolt

eb.c4

Hi,

I'm new to c4 and want to replace my current Samsung dead bolt with the Yale keyless touch. The only feature I would be missing is the convenience of using an RFID "key" instead of having to punch in the code all the time. Anyone know if an RFID option will be available soon from Yale? If not, has anyone used a separate RFID reader to trigger the Yale to unlock?

Thanks.

- Evan

After some research, I think I'm going to use either the NYCE Access Control Keyfob NCZ-3201 or Card Access Mini Remote Single Pack ZCA-IMR10A-ZP to lock/unlock the deadbolt.  The cost per "key" will be considerably higher than RFID or NFC, but I don't see many options available at this time.

Other than accidental button press while in your pocket or purse, which can be worked around by using a double or triple tap, what other gotchas can you see?  How long does it take the remotes to reconnect with Control4 after it has been away for a few hours or days?  

Thanks.

- eb

I thought the current versions of the the Yale deadbolt locks had a NFC chip in them already.  I remember that being on the features they mentioned when the locks FIRST came out.  Maybe the real living locks already out there will get a software updated that will allow the use of NFC on the existing locks.

Archived