C4 Forums | Control4

Plex for TV shows

Jaffacree

I just installed the Plex media server on my NAS system to have a better interface with my TV shows.  I was then wanting to put those TV shows into Control4.  I use My Movies for all of my movies on the NAS.  Everything I have been reading says that Control4 still will not recognize TV shows.  At this point, the Plex server would just be for me and my convenience on each TV without Control4.  Unless there is a new solution for TV shows in Control4?

I'm pretty sure that there still isn't a solution for TV Show in Control4.  I have all my movies in the Control4 interface but don't have any TV shows stored locally so I never looked up a solution.  You could have each episode as a movie but that could get pretty unorganized.  Hopefully someone else will chime in with a better solution for those.  

I was looking for a similar thing and my integrator told me one doesn't exist.  It'd be cool if Control4 eventually added TV Shows into their app similar to how movies databases are.  In the meantime, if you have a media player that'll play Kodi, you can import your TV show database into it and it'll show up in a separate section called TV Shows and as long as they are all named correctly, it'll put them into individual folders for each show and then season.  That can then be controlled via the Kodi driver, so you can use your Control4 remote or app from there without the need of a different remote.  

• 5 months later...

Archived