C4 Forums | Control4

iPhone compatability

Brad_The_Lucky

I'd love to build something similar to this, but with a completely different user interface. Ryan, does Control4 have a _developer_ program that's different than the dealer program that would get me access to the information I need to build a similar application?

Not currently.

RyanE

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For iPhone users this could be very sweet though, instead of having to find a remote or walk over to a MTS, I just pull out my phone....

And from what I hear it will run on the iPod Touch as well?

Ryan, It sounds like this will require a software update (1.7?).....

Being an owner of an MC and seeing things like Rhapsody supported by only the newer controllers, can we expect that these new features and more will only be supported on the newer controllers? Will there be some sort of eventual trade-in/upgrade rebate for us who made the initial investment into the MC? (which was top of the line at the time)...

Thanks,

Dave

Since we haven't announced availability or pricing or any other details, I don't think we have details as to what controllers this would require, or if it would work on any Control4 Controller.

No, there's no controller trade-in program. However, your controller will continue to function as a master in your current system with existing functionality (which is what it did when you bought it), or it may be used as a slave in a system with a newer master controller (i.e. HC-300 or HC-500).

RyanE

We have been working on a Windows Mobile viewer for a while' date=' but focus has all been placed on iPhone for now.

Win Mob may be used in more devices, but I personally hate it. No comparison to iPhone OS.[/quote']

/bow!

win mo yes, however with additions like HTC touch flow etc that is not necessarily the case.

We have been working on a Windows Mobile viewer for a while' date=' but focus has all been placed on iPhone for now.

Win Mob may be used in more devices, but I personally hate it. No comparison to iPhone OS.[/quote']

/bow!

win mo yes, however with additions like HTC touch flow etc that is not necessarily the case.

Agreed.

http://www.engadget.com/photos/htcs-touch-hd-unveiled-in-very-much-official-glory/1036853/

I have used both the Touch and Diamond by HTC and am quite disappointed in their speed of operation, still a ways to come.

The interface is still quite noticeably Windows Mob as much as they try to hide it.

so yeah my HTC is slow and quite noticeably C4 as much as I try to hide it :) hehe

point being the platform there, and it is what any developer does with it - as evidenced by the touchFLO interface....

Archived