C4 Forums | Control4

Somfy Blind Integration into C4

cpotts

I recently purchased some blinds w/ Somfy CL32 motors for my theater room.  The blinds are located in the same room as my HC-800 controller.  I want to fully integrate the blinds into my C4 system so I was wondering what is going to be needed outside of the normal C4 programming.  From what I learned on this forum and a few other sources is that all I need is the Somfy Universal RTS Interface II.  Is this correct and has anyone had any issues with getting Somfy CL32 motors, Somfy Universal RTS Interface II and Control4 to work together?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Thanks for the info on the driver.  I was wondering more about the hardware.  Is the Somfy 16 Channel RTS Universal Interface (URTSI2) the only hardware that I need to connect into my C4 system?

Sorry but i don't know all somfy blinds but you need to put a ir bugs on your URTSI2 to control it ( maybe rs232 works ) and after install all your hardware you need a dealer to integrate it to your project

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

The URTS II has a driver (several floating around actually) for C4, serial control. As long as you can keep the UTRSII in range of the blinds, and are able to get a serial connection to it - it works quite well. Those CAN be big IFs though.

So in a basic setup - yes all you need to integrate Somfy RTS blinds into Control4 is an URTSII (well and blinds and a C4 system, with a free serial port - and a serial cable ;) ).

If range is an issue, I believe they still have boosters - or multiple URTSII can be added to a single system.

As a side note I rememeber reading something about UTRSII having been replaced outside of North America with another module, and that that can be made to work as well, but can't directly find the details.

As an FYI...  Somfy has announced (but not yet shipping) the Somfy myLink for RTS shades - a WiFi to RTS bridge.    Demo video here:

The advantage over the URTSII is it includes a free iOS/Android app.  The disadvantage would be no current C4 driver... but hopefully, that will be possible :-)

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What's actually missing is the Integration of the new Tahoma/app controlled shades and the the ZigBee module which Somfy still lists on their site. ...

8 hours ago, Cyknight said:

Actually those URTSii drivers are junk - Houselogix has two options and both are excellent.

I have try both of the houselogix drivers and for some reason i cannot get them to work.. 

The Domosapiens Somfy V3 driver on HouseLogix also supports the new myLink with a timing model.  The free myLink driver has open/closed only.   The Domosapiens driver extends its elaborate timing model to the myLink, allowing simulated visual feedback as well as reasonably accurate % open or % closed requests.

On 3/24/2017 at 5:42 PM, thegizzard said:

Surprised there is no update to this thread. There is a C4 driver and it works great.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

So we should avoid the Old Somfy URTSii controller now for C4 integration?  I'm looking at a new installation.

• 5 months later...

Hi guys. I see Houselogix has no Control4 Binds/Shades drivers available on their site. This list is empty: http://www.houselogix.com/shop/blinds-and-shades

Can someone please help me and recommend what driver I should be using with URTS II transmitter. The latest one I see in composer is from March 2009 and sounds like it's the junk one.

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2017-11-04 at 5.28.14 PM.jpg

Archived