C4 Forums | Control4

Apple TV IP Driver

doozer

Having a issue with the pass code - set it to 0000

Will not accept on apple tv

Using a Apple TV 3 on software 8.1.3.

You cannot use 0000, the atv thinks you haven't entered a pin yet. Any other 4 digit code will work.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers will speak with them on Monday - it all got a bit excitable today.

Some dealers do not like drivers they have not used before !!!

I'll be sure to add this to the help file in the next release.

^LOL. Sure. That's a given.. Anything else?

Check the first post, currently the big plus is you can jump to the home page from anywhere and there are a few hard to activate functions like shuffle/repeat.

I'm working flat out on adding feedback, that's when you'll really see this thing shine.

Now...my Apple Driver (C4's own one) jumps to the main screen AFAIK any time I press cancel - I don't run an ATV anymore so I'm not sure it does it from all streaming services etc, but that ability doesn't seem new to my (limited) experience?

That said - IP control is a nice addition. But selling a driver that is made without an open API, without consent, is something I'm very laoth to do. Add that the ATV is likely to see a lot of updates in the near future.....

Great job, keep it up - but I'm a little hesitant to jump for joy.

In addition a full two-way driver is being trialed already.

That said - IP control is a nice addition. But selling a driver that is made without an open API, without consent, is something I'm very laoth to do. Add that the ATV is likely to see a lot of updates in the near future.....

Does this mean you think it should be available for free, or not available period?

The problem is that if I sell it, and it breaks, it's me that gets the flak.

I'm not suggesting you work for free (at all!), but even if I point people towards the driver, it becomes my recommendation - so the average end-user (not the average forum user) has almost no way of even knowing the driver exists, let alone get it.

It's the problem with any reverse engineered API based driver. Houselogix was bit quite some time ago, Chowmain was bit not that long ago. EV had to scramble if I'm not mistaken a little while back as well.

What I think is that source developers should just have an available API (be it open/public or at least available for developers).

Doozer still can not get to talk to each other.

We reinstalled the driver and the pairing number came up 1234.

I can then HE take over, but it never excepted that number, I changed it to 1111, unplugged the Apple TV and pressed

the pair  button (We had already unpaired) still no joy.

Do you think UK apple is different from Aussie/US Apple ????

nice driver! keep up the good work..

I have tested the driver, but in my opinion it should have some improvement.

When you turn on the apple tv, the driver takes around 20s to start controlling the appletv.

Sometimes it do not control at all.

What can i do to improve?

with the driver from control4 it works ok.

Now...my Apple Driver (C4's own one) jumps to the main screen AFAIK any time I press cancel - I don't run an ATV anymore so I'm not sure it does it from all streaming services etc, but that ability doesn't seem new to my (limited) experience?

Thats why the APpleTV remote has no cancel button, and then it was programmed to go to main menu on cancel.

In order to go back one menu, just press Menu in the SR-250 or MyHome.

I think you're misunderstanding what I mean.

With the IR remote, if you are 3 levels deep, say:

Settings -> General -> Remotes

And you wish to get back to the home screen, you need to hit menu twice to exit up 2 levels.

With the Home command it will take you there instantly, no matter how many menu levels deep you are.

Ouch.

The artists formerly know as EV :P just released an updated iTunes driver that can also be used to control any gen ATV via IP using pairing (one way control).

They also more or less stated that there will likely be a standalone driver coming (they 'understood and heard the request for a standalone driver').

Oh and no that was NOT the beta I was talking about.

Ouch.

The artists formerly know as EV :P just released an updated iTunes driver that can also be used to control any gen ATV via IP using pairing (one way control).

They also more or less stated that there will likely be a standalone driver coming (they 'understood and heard the request for a standalone driver').

Oh and no that was NOT the beta I was talking about.

Is this the same as the current free IR driver?

Archived