C4 Forums | Control4

Apple TV IP Driver

doozer

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you have the driver, will it update or do I need my dealer to revise. I have a gen 1 and gen 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your dealer will need to update via Driver manager and restart director.

Ouch.

Proves exactly the point I made earlier in the thread.  The EV/C4 guys better really be on their toes if they are going to be pissing off 3rd party driver writers like this.  Probably not intentional, but really what took so long?

Proves exactly the point I made earlier in the thread.  The EV/C4 guys better really be on their toes if they are going to be pissing off 3rd party driver writers like this.  Probably not intentional, but really what took so long?

100% concur with this comment. It is an excellent comment. Not to mention the obvious: the transition from EV to C4EV from an end user point of view (well mine anyway) looks to be a complete mess.. I haven't got a clue what gives with driver updates/relicensing/who is doing what. This makes it very difficult to plan what to do. :)

100% concur with this comment. It is an excellent comment. Not to mention the obvious: the transition from EV to C4EV from an end user point of view (well mine anyway) looks to be a complete mess.. I haven't got a clue what gives with driver updates/relicensing/who is doing what. This makes it very difficult to plan what to do. :)

you aren't gonna like me answer - but its not meant to be end user facing. you shouldn;t have to know about all that. that is for dealers to figure out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

^ Sure OK. Hey. I don;t care about this answer..  make it as hard as you can for the dealers then LOL 

But hey. At least it's free chaos now :)

(edit)... well it's not necessarily "free" chaos is it?.. if the Dealer is sitting there with the clock ticking working it all out... :)

^ LOL. I've got to disagree with you there ol sport.. Ignorance is definitely *not* bliss when it comes to Control4. :)

Case in point this very driver mentioned in the OP..

Ya'll going to buy it all for $49 off your dealer and all: then be happy when you wake up next morning and find C4 has done it for free?? 

See this thread goes to the crux of the problems of driver development (as has already been mentioned) does it not ol chap? 

I mean I've never been unhappy to pay for drivers. I'd buy this one too if it was good and supported... just don't have the Queen Bee white ant me just after I do it! 

Been there. Done that. With the Sonos Driver :) 

you aren't gonna like me answer - but its not meant to be end user facing. you shouldn;t have to know about all that. that is for dealers to figure out

You aren't gonna like my answer - ideally neither should have to figure it out it. C4 should be running a Driver Store similar to apple and Google. A central repository for ALL drivers makes life easier for dealers as they can find what they need more easily and easier for users as everything should be seamless and just work.

With your original statement you also assume that the users dealer cares about any of this. There are a fair amount of dealers who care very little about the user after the sale. It's not glamorous, doesn't make them a lot of money, and wastes resources that do make them money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I heard this may have been a 'hidden' function inside earlier releases that wasn't supported at the time - it's now actually announced.

Rather they weren't able to get the pairing to work with newer Apple hardware/software (such as ATV2, ATV3, Yosemite) until somebody hinted them what is probably going on. Just my theory, Simon / Will never answered that. :)

Apparently the control protocol hasn't changed much since ATV1 so they only needed to fix the pairing process.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is there any way to jump directly to the [Computer > Movies > Genre] screen?  

No, the protocol doesn't allow for direct launching of apps or jumping to specific screens (other than the home screen).

Is your version provide playback feedback?

Currently, no.  We were going to add full feedback, but given there is now a free version available (or coming soon) it doesn't seem worth the effort.  If only I had known...

Archived