C4 Forums | Control4

power consumption of hc300 vs hc200

vstar

Question please, has anyone measured the actual power consumption on a hc300 and a hc200 and compared them?

I would expect the hc200 to be less but how much less I am curious. I have a "kill a watt monitor" in one of my junk bins but cant seem to locate it currently unfortunately. I am trying to decide if it it worth while switching out a couple of hc300's to 200's if it is significantly less, I do have spare 200's so its really only a time investment but if its not a noticeable savings in electricity its not worth the time and effort.

thank you

• 2 weeks later...

the 300 is faster than the 200? maybe if you're talking about the rev2 of the 300 vs the first gen 200 - the v2 had an approximate 30% increase in cpu horsepower - however they used the same chipset with different I/O boards if I recall. So the V1 of the 200 and 300 and v2 of the 200 and 300 should be the same compared to each other.

Gene fish

I have a Control 4 HC 300 I can't change the IP address also have HC 200 that says when loads up connecting . Press and hold for configuration. What button do I press.

i think you may want to start a separate thread please since this is not related to the original topic.

thank you.

Gene fish

I have a Control 4 HC 300 I can't change the IP address also have HC 200 that says when loads up connecting . Press and hold for configuration. What button do I press.

Gene fish

Archived