C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain - Relay to Light Driver

alanchow

Chowmain%20Logo%20Transparent%20Medium.p 

Chowmain - Relay to Light Driver 

There are numerous devices in Control4 that have relay outputs.  These relays can be used to switch numerous devices on and off including lighting.  Control4 do not have a method of natively displaying these relay devices as lighting devices.  This driver will allow you to connect a relay output and display it as a ON/OFF lighting device.

Features 

• Works with Advanced Lighting Scenes
  • On/Off control from navigator
  • On/Off feedback from the relay 

Frequently Asked Questions 

Can you give us some examples of how we could use this driver? 
This driver enables you to use 3rd party relay devices to convert them to lights in Control4 if the 3rd party device doesn't already have a driver for lighting. Will work on security systems that support relay outputs, card access products, axxess products, control4 IO extender/controllers and more.

How do I find out more information about the driver? 

Please see the links below for more information about the driver. 

Download Installation Guide 

How do I buy the driver?
This driver is developed by Chowmain software & apps and is distributed and supported by Houselogix, Inc. 

Download Driver / Purchase Licence

Who do i contact for technical support?
This driver is developed by Chowmain software & apps and is distributed and supported by Houselogix, Inc. 

Support

Do you provide trial licences?
All Chowmain drivers for Control4 come with a 48 hour trial. This is activated once you add the driver to the project. No additional steps are necessary. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Updated to support

• Keypad Button BIndings / LED colours
  • Support to update the broken Card Access HPC Lighting driver.  This is useful for those who do not want to reprogram any bindings, actions, conditional logic, etc.  All you need to do it update the obsolete driver (under manage drivers), restart director and enter the driver licence in.

• 5 months later...

Can I use this to create "lights" that don't control anything?

I'd like to have on/off switches in Navigator (e.g. "Snooze") that could be used in programming

It is probably better to get our generic lighting driver (IR) as it won't require a physical relay to be bound for feedback.  no iR bindings required as it assumes that its on/off when it sends the on/off command.

www.chowmain.co.nz/generic-lighting-driver

It is probably better to get our generic lighting driver (IR) as it won't require a physical relay to be bound for feedback.  no iR bindings required as it assumes that its on/off when it sends the on/off command.

Good point actually.

Works like a charm - Thanks!

(At the rate I'm going, I'm going to end up with all the Chowmain drivers in my project ...)

Archived