C4 Forums | Control4

Help with programming a button

BREAL

Hey everyone I'm trying to program a 6 button keypad switch.  The second one down on the keypad that I'm trying to program is called "Movie"  I've attached a photo.  I want to press the button and then have it activate the "Media Movie" advanced lighting scene and turn on the Dvd Player while pressed.  I attached a picture of the programming I've done so far.  Everytime I press the button the lights turn on perfectly then the DVD player turns on same with the Tv and it looks perfect for about two seconds.  Two seconds later the TV turns off, any clue why the TV is turning off?

post-136449-0-66654500-1425010361_thumb.

post-136449-0-04036700-1425010362_thumb.

Yeah the zone is still on but the TV turns off.  Those are the only changes I've done to my system.  Now it's happening also when I hit watch Tivo or watch DVD with the remote control everything turns on except the TV, this is driving me nuts.  Anyone know what could be wrong?

it's not the TV because I can turn on the TV manually, and everything works fine.  I've tried turning everything off in the room and the whole house and I keep getting the TV to not turn on with any command like watch Tivo or Watch DVD.

Hey everyone I'm trying to program a 6 button keypad switch.  The second one down on the keypad that I'm trying to program is called "Movie"  I've attached a photo.  I want to press the button and then have it activate the "Media Movie" advanced lighting scene and turn on the Dvd Player while pressed.  I attached a picture of the programming I've done so far.  Everytime I press the button the lights turn on perfectly then the DVD player turns on same with the Tv and it looks perfect for about two seconds.  Two seconds later the TV turns off, any clue why the TV is turning off?

Anyone have a clue why all of a sudden now the TV won't turn on with any button I hit on the remote like watch TV or Watch DVD.  The TV Just stays off it's so bizarre.  Everything worked perfectly yesterday.  Is it because of this tiny little programming I did, that's all I can think of.  I attached a pic of the programming that I did.

post-136449-0-30148300-1425014614_thumb.

post-136449-0-85957100-1425014614_thumb.

What is the TV connected to? An AV receiver? Is there a video matrix in the project?

You'll also want to unplug the TV for a few seconds and plug it back in to make sure it's behaving correctly.

Not sure about cec being disabled where do I find that info? Yes the TV is connected to a Pioneer SC-77 AV receiver. Where do I look in composer to see if there is a video matrix in the project? I'm guessing there is a video matrix. I will try unplugging the TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Maybe in programing you can select the room and make a conditional of when a video source is selected> turn the tv on.

Also make a custom button that turns the tv on only and that way you can confirm the driver is doing what it is supposed to

Archived