C4 Forums | Control4

Sorting the room List on MTS?

Brad_The_Lucky

Is there any way to control how the list of rooms is sorted when browsing through them on the MTS? It appears right now that it is alphabetical. I would prefer listing the more frequently accessed rooms first.

Thanks,

Brad

Could experiment with renaming the less used or more commonly used rooms with an underscore, depending on whether that sorts them higher or lower than the alphabet. i.e. if you check and underscore comes before A, then rename your most commonly accessed rooms:

_kitchen

_bedroom

_gym

and leave the rest alone. If you find that underscore comes AFTER Z, then rename lesser used rooms as

_root cellar

_woodshed

_crawlspace

If you don't mind things looking a little more "engineered" you could also obviously precede everything with a number or letter and have things in exactly the order you want them.

Might that work for you?

if anything it should be done by number, this way you are assigning importance to rooms, and if your priority changes it will take just a sec to change it. it is not supported in any kind of programming, but even if it were numbering is still faster and easier to edit

If you don't mind things looking a little more "engineered" you could also obviously precede everything with a number or letter and have things in exactly the order you want them.

In my defense, I did actually suggest numbers as well :D:D

The argument against numbers is that it actually might make it slightly more confusing looking for something because you'd need to either know the number associated with that room or just look through the whole list (which I'm assuming is a long list or else there would not be a need to avoid scrolling through screens to get to it).

Underscores essentially just create 2 partitions for a single floor, and probably there are 3 or 4 rooms on the floor that the user switches to very often, and then the rest are infrequent. So by clustering those together at the top you probably get your most commonly chosen rooms on one screen, and everything else sorted alphabetically beneath.

I wouldn't want to number the whole list because frankly I don't care whether something is 11th or 9th, I mostly just care that the kitchen, dining room and office are all on the top screen.

--Jason

Archived