C4 Forums | Control4

Use in-wall touchscreen with camera v2 as ip camera

Is it possible to use the camera on a 7" in wall touchscreen with camera as a "security" device in control4?  I couldn't find anything on this, and it seems like it would be something that is possible.  I have one of these and it just so happens it is a straight shot down the hall to the garage door, so it would be nice to be able to view this, sort of like an intercom, but not exactly.

You only explain half of your situation.  What are you wanting to view the media on?  Another cam TS, a monitor, a phone??  Answer is, only another compatible TS.  I have no idea what 2.7 brings to the table, maybe things changed...

No, the touchscreen cams do NOT show up as IP cams for any other function, They are visible ONLY within the intercom option.

2.7 AFAIK doesn't change this as such - though there are indications that intercom to phones/tablets (and yes associated cam use) is going to become a viable option.

And, regardless of what 2.7 brings to the table, keep in mind that the TS cams do not zoom or pan, have terrible low-light characteristics and exhibit a fair amount of break-up even in the best of networking conditions.  

• 6 months later...

Archived