C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 Fan Controller

abeasst

You're misunderstanding the controller.

You set your fan to it's highest speed and always leave it there. The controller then takes over fanspeed control - and you will have all 4 speed settings. This is regardless of what your fan has built in.

That said - you CAN disable one button (or any button) and use the other buttons as normal keypad buttons for programming.

I only have a 3 speed fan so can I bind the 4th button to perform and action like arm my alarm instead?

The blue fan motor wire connects to the fan switch and then you have 25/50/75/100 speeds.

All other fan speed control gets pulled out or bypassed.

If buying a new fan you spec with no control. I have a spare rf fan controller in the cupboard because I could not delete it from one fan order.

From what I'm getting basically it just the switch. The switch varies the Amp load to the fan based which button you push. So set fan to max speed and then switch varies amps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does the fan controller consist of a 5 button switch and a unit that goes in the canopy?

No. Just the decora sized wall unit.

You then need 3 core and earth or live neutral fan and ground however you speak from the fan to the light switch (if there is a light also)

Archived