C4 Forums | Control4

Keypad labels?

str1der

Quick question for anyone out there doing this - can anyone post pictures of their keypad labels that they've printed/made themselves? I'm just curious how they turn out before I invest in a pc label printer. Thanks.

Those sticker labels did not workout too well for me but I think it might be largely because I have light almond keypads and switches. On white swtches & keypads it might work better.

Anyone OUT THERE?

Still looking for spare 6-button keycaps please. I know your out there.

Turn those dusting keycaps into cash or trade.

E-mail me or post would really appreciate it.

Quick question for anyone out there doing this - can anyone post pictures of their keypad labels that they've printed/made themselves? I'm just curious how they turn out before I invest in a pc label printer. Thanks.

These are done with the P-touch model PT-1280 (4yrs old)... I forgot I was out of "Black on Clear" when I did these.. They are done on "Black on White" 12mm 1/2 TZ tape Flexible ID White... To lazy to redo them... Hope that helps.....

LBKP02.jpgLBKP01.jpg

LBKP03.jpg

LBKP04.jpgLBKP06.jpg

They do look a hell of a lot better, when you Not this close...lol

Make yourself an automated CNC router (or laser cutter!), and go to town on your own buttons.

Lots of makerbot type units, but I'm guessing you'll spend more than $2 / button, unless you can get *everyone* on the forums to pool together to get one.

RyanE

Make yourself an automated CNC router (or laser cutter!), and go to town on your own buttons.

Lots of makerbot type units, but I'm guessing you'll spend more than $2 / button, unless you can get *everyone* on the forums to pool together to get one.

RyanE

I hope I didn't offend. I'm actually paying $3 because most of mine are customized.

I'm just stating that IF I could do labels it will save be the $$$ I'm spending on these keycaps. (labels don't work too well with light almond as earlier posted)

Did not mean to comment on Control4 pricing. I know it has been a little sensitive around here lately

^Use clear, satin labels.

tried that, no matter which way you will still leave a darker shade from the light almond color (not wife approved). I would guess it would easier to blend in the white or maybe even black.

I hope I didn't offend. I'm actually paying $3 because most of mine are customized.

Did not mean to comment on Control4 pricing. I know it has been a little sensitive around here lately

No offense taken. I have thought about making my own mini CNC, just for the fun of doing it, and keycaps is likely something I'd actually use it for.

Of course, at the rate my 'free time' is going, it'll be 2050 before I get to it. :)

RyanE

... I have thought about making my own mini CNC, just for the fun of doing it, and keycaps is likely something I'd actually use it for...RyanE

A Dremel, a few stepper motors from an old scanner and a few CA relays and Bam!!! Could you integrate that with C4? Probably b e a complex driver. :lol:

How about "Press this to rob me!".RyanE

For one thing it's not waiting for you when you walk into the house, and it will take you more then 30 seconds to get to it before you can disarm it that way.. Plus it's not just "push" it and the alarm is disarm, there is a combo to it...

Give me a little credit, come-on....

How about "Press this to rob me!".RyanE

For one thing it's not waiting for you when you walk into the house' date=' and it will take you more then 30 seconds to get to it before you can disarm it that way.. Plus it's not just "push" it and the alarm is disarm, there is a combo to it...

Give me a little credit, come-on....[/quote']

I plan to lable mine "Hi" / "Bye"

But "Rob Me" / "Rob Me Not" works too. just kidding:D

But seriously, nobody have blanks???

• 3 weeks later...
its too bad the engraved buttons dont light up

Tried it. The button plastic thickness is still too thick for any light to shine through. Then there is this clear plastic holder that deflects the light that makes it illegible.

Archived