C4 Forums | Control4

If the MC fan is too loud...

Taylor

Well, I don't know if C4 would support it or not, but I successfully installed a FANLESS powersupply into a Media Controller today. Worked GREAT. The entire rack now has NO fans. (we had a very picky client who did not want ANY sound coming from the rack.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817153019

NOTE: This powersupply is too large to fit inside the MC without moving stuff. We ran it externally. I'm looking for a fanless that will fit.

Now if I could just find a way to eliminate the MEGA C4 Amp fan noise.

Personally I'm not bothered by it. In my room there are like 4 computer running at all times, and it's like a small city with all the lights flashing and blinking. I'm immune ;)

We have a server enclosure in our office that is filled with Servers on all the time. It kinda sounds like a server facility.... I can definately how customers would be into fanless systems.

I think it's cool that you modded the MC, I wish I could add more ram and maybe a faster processor....

Wow! Tiny. Almost seems like more trouble than it's worth though. Also, we'd have to find out how much power the MC uses, as well as the best function for a DC-AC converter (those aren't hard to comeby, but It's going to be probably as big as a regular powersupply)

I've done it again! I just installed another of these fanless beauties, but this time I got it to fit inside the MC box. I had to take out the metal "structure" that holds the CD Drive and HDDrive. I mounted the HDD and the CD Drive to the chasis, moved a few things over, and put in the powersupply. Works great! I really wish I had pictures, but my boss forgot his camera and I forgot my phone (with camera)! So I'm hoping that before I put it all away the client will come up here so I can take a picture of it. The only problem with the system is that the power supply is now INSIDE the case, so you can't just unplug the power out of the back. I have it hooked up to it's own switch though, so that isn't a problem. Powered the beastie on and it worked great!

• 2 years later...

Archived