C4 Forums | Control4

sharp aquos and Netflix

Hi all,

I got a HC-800 with my great room setup. Video display is through sharp tv. This TV has built in Netflix app. Kids were using it with urc remote prior to me getting control 4. Now with the way control 4 is setup when i click on watching sharp, it just takes me to the event where turns on but nothing happens. I have tried to program the variables and conditions but nothing seems to be working right. I have amazon fire and apple tv connected on other inputs via receiver or tv input. I have tried the set up that when TV turns on, then press netflix button after say 20 seconds- with watching sharp tv event, then it messes up amazon fire setup. 

Any suggestions please. 

I know i can put netflix on other devices but kids are so used to doing simple turn tv and netflix is there. 

Thanks in advance.

You're point of sending the netflix command on the TV is incorrect.

Instead of "when TV turns on". look for:

WHEN selected video device changes {select the room - you'll see: Video selection changed}

IF [room] selected video device is "Smart TV" {select the same room on the right hand side, go to the conditionals tab and you'll see Video device seleteced with a drop down menu}

-Send command NETFLIX to smart TV {make sure you drag the command onto the ? sign - you should see an arrow to the right, and the text will be off-set slightly indicating it ONLY happens when the IF statement is correct.

That will cause the TV to ALWAYS go to netflix when selected, be it from off or from watching any other source, while preventing the command from happening when watching anything else.

Archived