C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain%20Logo%20Transparent%20Medium.p

Chowmain - Icons Suite

The Chowmain Icon suite of drivers is designed for devices that can't (or shouldn't) be integrated into Control4 and have no controls once selected. Traditionally most integrators use a DVD driver to display these devices however the issue with doing this is that there is a DVD user interface that pops up with buttons and there is a DVD icon which isn't appealing to the eyes.

Chowmain have made some drivers that display the icon for most popular devices and upon select show an image of the product.

Features

• Icon will display on your onscreen navigator, MyHome PC, T3 touchscreens, IOS and Android navigators.
  • No need to hack Control4's user interface to get these icons. Just add the driver and it'll work and continue to work through upgrades.
  • No controls once selected.

Frequently Asked Questions

Will these icons work on all navigator devices?

Yes it will work on IOS, Android, T3 and flash based navigators.

Will these icons break with firmware updates?

It uses Control4's official API unlike other methods where hacking is required. As such firmware updates do not effect the icons.

Why do you only support OS 2.6 and above?

OS 2.6 offers a superior security encryption algorithm and a new and improved driver format. We have decided to only utilise this new format to ensure that the integrity of this driver is not compremised and that we can provide the best dealer/user experience available.

Do you offer showroom discounts?

We offer a 10% discount to dealers who want to use this driver in their showroom. Please contact our distributor Houselogix to arrange for this.

How do I find out more information about the driver?

Please see the links below for more information about the driver.

Chowmain Website

How do I buy the driver?

This driver is developed by Chowmain software & apps and is distributed and supported by Houselogix, Inc.

Download Driver / Purchase Licence

Who do i contact for technical support?

This driver is developed by Chowmain software & apps and is distributed and supported by Houselogix, Inc.

Support

Do you provide trial licences?

All Chowmain drivers for Control4 come with a 48 hour trial. This is activated once you add the driver to the project. No additional steps are necessary.

T3-2.png?format=500w

T3-1.png?format=500w

iPhone-Generic-2.png?format=300w

iPhone-Skype.png?format=300w

Wait, did I miss that Skype works on the T3 platform?

The drivers only provide an icon for your AV source. It is meant to make your control4 system prettier than just having DVD icons everywhere.

Icons just for the 7 things listed on your site?  I know people complain only a DVD Icon instead of a Blu Ray Icon.  That is one example - I also put a record player into my project though that may be in the minority of uses.

Nonetheless very cool stuff!

The drivers only provide an icon for your AV source. It is meant to make your control4 system prettier than just having DVD icons everywhere.

I think I get it now.  Maybe I'm overthinking this, but why Xbox One?  I'd love to have the icon, but I don't see how it "can't" or "shouldn't" be integrated.  Works fine with IR, and quite a bit better media consumption than lower powered Apple TV / Roku / Fire TV in some cases.

He has a full Kodi control driver. This is for devices you can't control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know I use that one :-) haven't seen a Kodi icon yet !? mhhh

As soon as i announced my set Control4 announced that they will be supporting custom icons for all proxys (not just MSP as it is now) so yay.

I don't take that post as anything new. But there still isn't a date.

• 3 weeks later...
Update

As per request have added in the following new drivers to the icons suite.  This should help out with boardroom/commercial type installations

• PC
  • Laptop
  • iMac
  • Macbook
  • Mac mini
  • Camera
  • wePresent
  • HDMI
  • DVI
  • VGA

Icons+Pack+Boardroom.jpg?format=500w

So these icons cannot be associated with existing drivers?  What is the purpose?

In the past most people use a fake DVD player as a source input select for any misc device.  This looks ugly and the icon is misleading especially in a commercial system where a DVD icon doesn't represent say Skype video conferencing.

These drivers provide the correct icon for the usage scenario you want it for.

In short it makes your Control4 system prettier.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Cannot get this to work, houselogix cant seem to fix the problem, drivers not showing in composer 2.7.1, well only one that is showing is 'Front Aux In' have deleted all drivers from the drivers folder in my documents and re-downloaded still the same any ideas why they are not showing?

Cannot get this to work, houselogix cant seem to fix the problem, drivers not showing in composer 2.7.1, well only one that is showing is 'Front Aux In' have deleted all drivers from the drivers folder in my documents and re-downloaded still the same any ideas why they are not showing?

Drivers should be located in My Documents\Control4\Drivers.  Should show up fine in 2.6 onwards.  Easiest way to find them is by using the Search in Composer.  Manufacturer name is dependant on the manufacturer of the product (eg Playstation 4 is made by Sony).

Drivers should be located in My Documents\Control4\Drivers.  Should show up fine in 2.6 onwards.  Easiest way to find them is by using the Search in Composer.  Manufacturer name is dependant on the manufacturer of the product (eg Playstation 4 is made by Sony).

Brilliant that makes sense it works fine now, I was told all manufactures would be chowmain. Found this driver is not what I require thought it would replace the logo from xbox one when setup as a dvd player.

Archived