C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 - Jandy iAqualink - Pool Heater Issue

Control4 is able to control everything that is controllable through my iAqualink system except for the pool heater. Whenever I try to turn my pool heater on, I receive a pop-up that presents choices for Heater, Solar Heater or Off. My system does not have a Solar Heater, just a standard gas heater. This pop-up occurs in the C4 mobile app as well as the on-screen navigator.

My pool dealer tells me I have a standard Jandy dual system install. I have a pool pump and pool heater and a spa pump and spa heater as well as some accessories (waterfall, spa light, pool light, etc.) C4 handles everything except for the pool heater. I have attached a screenshot that shows the iAqualink interface that I have.

If I select Heater, C4 turns on the heater but provides no indication that the heater is on. The blue ring does not change to red and the button indicator does not show "On". Then, once the heater is On, even if you know it is on, C4 will not turn it off. 

iAqulink works perfectly regarding this issue and all other aspects of the pool control. It is only when trying to control iAqualink using C4 that this problem exists. I have communicated with one other user on this forum who has a similar problem.

Does anyone have any insight into this issue and know whether/when C4 will be addressing it?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

post-136855-0-83155200-1433240144_thumb.

I have the exact same issup and the problem is there is no "has solar" check box so the driver doesn't know what to do. On my iOS and touch screen it looks like the heater "red ring" is on constantly. When it actually takes run the pool pun on the pool "water" around the dial lights up and the heater red ring is on - even the heater is NOT on. The. When it's off, it turns black around the center dial, but the red "heater is on" ring is still pulsing. I can send video if anyone wants to see it. Sent video and pictures to C4 thru the app and they said "call my dealer". I upgraded my pool to iaqualink just for this feature and upgraded my system to soothing C4 marketed the hell out of in 2.6 and doesn't work....

• 5 months later...

Unfortunately, regarding the Jandy driver, it is potentially a very serious flaw. You can turn on the pool heater without getting confirmation that it is on. In fact, it will appear on C4 as if it the heater had not been not turned on. In reality, it will be on. It is not difficult to imagine circumstances with high BTU gas heaters where this could potentially turn into a serious issue if left on indefinitely. It seems, since it involves gas heaters and the risks associated with the heating and exhaust process, that C4 would have prioritized this fix. It would seem prudent for C4 to either fix the driver or quit making it available. It will only take one incident for them to wish they had fixed the problem. This forum is evidence that they have been made aware of the problem for a very long time and have ignored it. 

Understand what you sre saying and agree. My question is, if you never control the pool heater within the C4 environment is it an issue? In the shoukder seasons we may heat but rarely in which case i would just ise the jandy control. Spa reportedly works fine in c4.

I'm not aware of an issue as long as you don't use C4 to control the pool heater. The risk is primarily for the people who don't know about the problem, rather than those who do. It can fool you, because it has worked correctly a couple of times. Now I know not to trust it. (regarding the pool heater)

It is an unfortunate situation. However, it sounds better than the serial driver. I had serial driver with Crestron. Worked great except the serial adapters would go out all the time, maybe lightning even with isolators. Much prefer the wireless connection this time around.

• 1 month later...

Anyone have trouble with the extra auxiliary controls?  When I select an auxiliary control like fountains, it turns on the device then immediately turns it back off.  If I hit it a second time it stays on.  Same sequence for turning device off, goes off then back on.  Hit off a 2nd time and it stays off.  Odd.

• 2 months later...

are you sure the dealer has the auxiliaries set to the correct type? they should all be toggles. if he had them set to a light type i could see weird issue like what you're describing because changing lights like that would actually turn lights on and off over and over again to cycle through the different options.

• 1 year later...

This is a new question about a Jandy Lite2 (LG175NG). 
The pilot will stay lit and when I jumper TH to PP-TH the boiler runs fine.
I have gone through all the testing of the millivolt system and here is where I get stuck/confused as ALL components test fine. 
At the end of the black TH wire I have 520 millivolt. When I attach the wire to the TH terminal and the test at the terminal I ONLY see 48 millivolts. 
What could be going on here?
What could be wrong here?  
Thanks for any help.

Archived