C4 Forums | Control4

Migrating project from MC to HTC

mikenberg

I remember reading where someone posted a white paper on migrating a project from an MC to HTC. I have a MC, 16ch amp, 2 HTC and 6 MTS and one wireless speaker point. I have Zigbee running on the main floor HTC, the MC is in the equipment room in the basement and I want to move the project to the HTC on the top floor to evenly distribute the load but want to make sure I do it correctly. Am I correct in saying the HTC has more memory and less activity which makes it a good candidate to run the project? Can someone post where this process document is located or provide some tips based on their experience in migrating projects?

Thanks

You'd be incorrect... I'd leave the project on the MC - BUT turn off the NAVIGATOR. DIRECTOR & NAVIGATOR are memory and CPU hogs... when both are on at the same time - they slow the box down (MC and HTC). So I suggest, if you want to speed up your project... turning OFF the NAVIGATOR and let it just be the DIRECTOR for your project. If you need another on-screen device - either purchase another HTC or HC-300, or share one between TV's if you have a video switcher. I think you'll be MUCH happier with this solution than moving your project from a MC to an HTC.

FYI - that original white paper was moving a project from an HTC or MC to an HC-300 - which "WOULD" make more sense (as it has more memory and a faster CPU).

Archived