C4 Forums | Control4

Infinity edge touchscreen lifecycle

SMHarman

Any thoughts on these. They are appearing on eBay at a great price. Upgrades yo the new android ones I guess.

I know there is no official announcement but what does the brain trust anticipate as EOL date / version for these.

I dont have any experiences with the PRE T3 models. All I gotta say is that I am very impressed with the design and speed of the new model. Very very cool.

I would not buy an obsolete model specially if I wanted to place it in Main areas of the house. But that is just me.

Be sure to check the comparitive prices. Generally speaking C4 seems to update devices for at least 2 years after EoL, (warranty period), and often longer - but there's no specific guideline that I know of. The fact that they ARE updated to the newer comm agent is a good sign, but again - I don't make those calls.

Of course do note that if they are indeed INFINITY edge, they are in fact TWO models ago (meaning the one without camera).

• 3 weeks later...

With this being such a huge change going from Flash to Android, and the fact there was no 5" replacement model made available, I'm not sure history can be your guide on much of this stuff.  And they haven't even opened up the new ones to 3rd parties yet.

Archived