C4 Forums | Control4

Ring DoorBell Driver

neldua

• 1 month later...

The latest iOS update for Ring app states in the release notes support  for Wink now added. Hopefully this can be incorporated by one of the Control4 Wink drivers.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
18 minutes ago, cdepaola said:

I wouldn't be so positive on that Cyk, my recent conversations with Ring have been considerably more positive. An announcement is planned soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An announcement was planned 9 months ago. It was positive then too. VERY positive. They are inconsistent to put it incredibly politely. Thus - I wouldn't bet on it.

11 hours ago, Cyknight said:

An announcement was planned 9 months ago. It was positive then too. VERY positive. They are inconsistent to put it incredibly politely. Thus - I wouldn't bet on it.

11 hours ago, jfh said:

An announcement means squat. (See TiVo and Control4 announcement from January 2014 as an example).

When a driver is actually available, I'll get excited. ;)

Exactly. I too would be happy to see both a Ring driver and a better TiVo driver. But till then, I'll wait on purchasing a Ring and be content with the current IP TiVo driver.

I'm excited about Ring, but I think I'm going to hold out for integration first. I at least want to be able to see the camera in Control4 and would love to be able to program off motion detection.

Here's a question for those of you that have Ring. Does the Elk still detect a doorbell press when using Ring? I assume it would, but don't know for certain.

42 minutes ago, ILoveC4 said:

I'm excited about Ring, but I think I'm going to hold out for integration first. I at least want to be able to see the camera in Control4 and would love to be able to program off motion detection.

Here's a question for those of you that have Ring. Does the Elk still detect a doorbell press when using Ring? I assume it would, but don't know for certain.

it definitely should.. I have a ELK-930 that I still need to install and wire up

19 hours ago, Cyknight said:

You can't, they won't - don't bet on it ever happening.

There's a driver, but it only allows for use of the doorbell press (and maybe motion?) not to use it as a doorstation for intercom.

My bad, the driver is for doorbird, not ring. https://www.houselogix.com/shop/doorbird-doorbell

personally I'm more interested in what Blackwire Designs is cooking up...

9 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

personally I'm more interested in what Blackwire Designs is cooking up...

agreed.  Waiting patiently for something use-able at my front entry.  I've had a 2wire and CAT6 hanging out the trim boards by my front door for almost 2 years now.

Just now, Cyknight said:

You COULD get the DS2 doorstation :)

could also get the Holovision set up with the Houselogix driver.  Warning: HL is working out a few kinks on the driver, but when the dust settles, it is a very strong piece of equipment.  Movable camera to get a good viewing angle, PoE camera, can see it in the navigator/C4 interface, doorstation proxy so you can use your touchscreens to talk to people

The kinks are annoying - no doorbell and no ability to program off the press of the doorstation button.  Two big oversights if you ask me.  They say they are working on it.

Stay tuned.  If that gets fixed, its really a strong unit.  And even better for those who want to replace the original C4 doorstation.  You need a slightly larger back box, but since you already have the hole there, its easier to make bigger.  If someone with the original c4 doorstation wanted a Ring or DoorBird, you would have some patching up to do and that is not easy with brick, vinyl, etc.

2 minutes ago, eggzlot said:

could also get the Holovision set up with the Houselogix driver.  Warning: HL is working out a few kinks on the driver, but when the dust settles, it is a very strong piece of equipment.  Movable camera to get a good viewing angle, PoE camera, can see it in the navigator/C4 interface, doorstation proxy so you can use your touchscreens to talk to people

The kinks are annoying - no doorbell and no ability to program off the press of the doorstation button.  Two big oversights if you ask me.  They say they are working on it.

Stay tuned.  If that gets fixed, its really a strong unit.  And even better for those who want to replace the original C4 doorstation.  You need a slightly larger back box, but since you already have the hole there, its easier to make bigger.  If someone with the original c4 doorstation wanted a Ring or DoorBird, you would have some patching up to do and that is not easy with brick, vinyl, etc.

See my post above.  I haven't installed anything there particularly for the reasons you mention.  i don't want to have to patch things up, etc.

The Ring unit is about as big as I'm willing to go (not much room side-to-side on the trim boards where the wiring is)

1 hour ago, lippavisual said:

Ya, that would never happen.  Too big and bulky, plus all the hoops to go through to actually get the integration I want.  I'll wait until its built.  Been waiting this long already, what's another 2 years or so :rolleyes:

i dont blame you, especially if you are limited on space.  the holo unit is the same size as the C4 unit when it mounts, it just has more hardware so requires a bigger hole (which is still 100% covered obviously once mounted)

And yes, I am not really thrilled with the doorbell/chime situation, but such is the pains when you Beta test something.  how something gets released without a doorbell though, do not get me started....

Archived