C4 Forums | Control4

Best large LCD TV's for Control4 Integration?

orrinc

Get the Pioneer. I have three at my house...two elites and one non-elite. They are the best TV's I have ever owned in every regard. The picture quality is unreal, they have discrete on/off AND discrete inputs. They have a killer warranty, you really can't beat it.

It isn't the cheapest TV out there, but you get what you pay for.

Get the Pioneer. I have three at my house...two elites and one non-elite. They are the best TV's I have ever owned in every regard. The picture quality is unreal, they have discrete on/off AND discrete inputs. They have a killer warranty, you really can't beat it.

It isn't the cheapest TV out there, but you get what you pay for.

The trick is finding one :)

I was just looking for a buddy of mine. My dealer sells a lot of them, and he has a 60" Elite that will be in soon. He also has a few more 50's and 42's that are trickling in.

If anybody is having a hard time shoot me an email and I can put you in touch with the guy that will make it happen. He'll even give you a good discount.

Anyone know by chance specifically if the Panasonic VIERA X1 Series TC-P42X1 42-Inch 720p Plasma HDTV does have discrete power on/off by chance?

Thanks!!

Looking at the remote in the manual and based on my experience, I'd say no. Looks like the typical Panasonic remote of late with power toggle button and input button to bring up the on screen input menu.

Anyone know by chance specifically if the Panasonic VIERA X1 Series TC-P42X1 42-Inch 720p Plasma HDTV does have discrete power on/off by chance?

Thanks!!

Looking at the remote in the manual and based on my experience' date=' I'd say no. Looks like the typical Panasonic remote of late with power toggle button and input button to bring up the on screen input menu.[/quote']

FYI - my Pioneer TV's and my Sharp TV just have a power toggle button on the remote, but they all support discrete on/off.

My findings are that the best place to get those codes and that information is remote central.

Thanks!!

Looking at the remote in the manual and based on my experience' date=' I'd say no. Looks like the typical Panasonic remote of late with power toggle button and input button to bring up the on screen input menu.[/quote']

FYI - my Pioneer TV's and my Sharp TV just have a power toggle button on the remote, but they all support discrete on/off.

My findings are that the best place to get those codes and that information is remote central.

Good call. They dont have specific model numbers in the series of tvs that I have or that he asked about. I haven't tried them out, but these might work. I might get time this weekend to try it.

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/codes/panasonic/discreet_codes/

With my Sharp TV, I couldn't find anything pertaining to my particular model. I figured I would shoot all the codes I could find to my dealer. I found six or seven of them, but fortunately for me the first one worked!

The codes for the Pioneer are easily available from Pioneers website. Convert them to Pronto and there you go!

Archived