C4 Forums | Control4

Keypad Dimmer Programming in HE

Greetings!  I just had 3 Dimmer Keypads added to my project.  They all control a light load.  I would like to now go in an program the buttons for other functions.  On the programming tab in Composer HE, I can't seem to figure out how to start....  On the left side under Keypad events, the pulldown "Events for:" is empty.  For the legacy six, three, and two btn keypads there was a visual representation of the keypad--making it pretty easy--even for me.  Is there something similar for the new dimmer keypad?  Is there a place to tell the system what buttons are actually installed, ie number and location of buttons etc?  Here is a screen shot of what I'm seeing.  Thanks!  Paul

post-126750-0-29780700-1436614482_thumb.

Awesome, thanks!  I was able to get the button layout set up.  Here is my next question:  I was able to get a button to turn another light on, off or toggle, but I can't figure out how to get it to dim the light.  Do I need to control the dimmer itself?  Thanks!  Paul

THAT is best done using bindings - which are unavailable in HE. Alternatively you can program the following:

When button is PRESSED

Press toggle button of light x

When button is RELEASED

Release toggle button of light x

This will toggle with press to dim, however how 'clean/precise' it will work will depends on your system/network/zigbee speed.

• 2 weeks later...

THAT is best done using bindings - which are unavailable in HE. Alternatively you can program the following:

When button is PRESSED

Press toggle button of light x

When button is RELEASED

Release toggle button of light x

This will toggle with press to dim, however how 'clean/precise' it will work will depends on your system/network/zigbee speed.

yes - I have this in couple places and am going to remove. I love the idea, but, the delay is a bit obnoxious. Might be different on others systems as you mention...

• 2 weeks later...

Getting your dealer to bind the light to the button should sort out the responsiveness problem. Where I use programming (as opposed to bound devices), I tend to have two lighting levels set. Full lighting (100%) on a single click and half lighting (on my system that usually means a 20% setting) on a double click. This way, the delay is no longer a real issue...

Archived