C4 Forums | Control4

Movies are not showing up in Navigator - but exist in MEDIA

On the Navigator, there is an option for WATCH > Movies.

I put 3 Movies on my ReadyNas that C4 is using as a test.

I verified that the folder I put them in could be scanned by Network Storage Device that C4 is using.

It can, C4 is set to scan \\<MEDIASERVERNAME>\media\ which includes the sub-folders for Movies and Music.

I added 2 of the 3 of these movies to Control4 "by hand" using Composer ME.

I have verified that C4 is still connected to the \\<<MediaServerName>

You can see them just fine in:

Stored\Network File Storage\

Video Media\

These are all test movies just to try and get it working before I start the tedious process of ripping a bunch of Blu-ray's and going all digital.

I re-ran the scan for good measure. I know that works. It immediately scanned the 3rd movie that I didn't add by hand. I really wanted to be sure C4 knew about the Movie sub-folder and could scan it. It does. 

I refreshed the Navigators. This didn't fix it either.

The test movie file format is .MOV and .MP4.

I picked those movie types because the Scan shows as them as a valid type that can be scanned. The movies are good and play back on a Mac and PC. They work and are valid movies.

But the Movies won't show up in C4 on the Navigator in the <ROOM> \ Movies \ Watch in C4.

It's only the Movies that aren't showing up, despite being in folders that C4 knows about and can scan. Music on the same ReadyNas Network Storage device works just fine and can playback from Listen \ My Music.

Totally lost on what step I am missing here.

-V

Check under room navigator - watch if the NAS drive isn't hidden - if it isn't, make sure there is a compatible media player showing up.

Note that the driver for the video player used must have the ability to receiver the proper command - such as a DuneHD using either The (now c4 and part of database) EV driver or the certified driver by Diamond Design (also in db) or Popcorn, C4 media player etc etc. NOT all media player drivers support this ability (indeed not all media players themselves support it)

Check under room navigator - watch if the NAS drive isn't hidden - if it isn't, make sure there is a compatible media player showing up.

Note that the driver for the video player used must have the ability to receiver the proper command - such as a DuneHD using either The (now c4 and part of database) EV driver or the certified driver by Diamond Design (also in db) or Popcorn, C4 media player etc etc. NOT all media player drivers support this ability (indeed not all media players themselves support it)

Hey,

Sorry to ask but I'm not sure I'm following you.

In Monitoring >

Home > House > 2nd Floor > Office > Movies is visible (as it is every room with a TV). But I don't think this is what you mean.

In Monitoring

... > Office > Audio/Video Devices I see Network File Storage as available in AUDIO SOURCES but it is NOT as available as VIDEO SOURCE.

I think this is what you mean. But, I don't see a way to add it. On the Navigator tab with Video selected in the Menu section, Network Storage is not an option and it's not Hidden if you hit the Modify button.

So I think I have both problems expressed above. I doubt I have the proper driver, and I don't think it would show up even if I had a driver, since the ReadyNas/Network Storage isn't visible.

-V

Hey,

Sorry to ask but I'm not sure I'm following you.

In Monitoring >

Home > House > 2nd Floor > Office > Movies is visible (as it is every room with a TV). But I don't think this is what you mean.

In Monitoring

... > Office > Audio/Video Devices I see Network File Storage as available in AUDIO SOURCES but it is NOT as available as VIDEO SOURCE.

I think this is what you mean. But, I don't see a way to add it. On the Navigator tab with Video selected in the Menu section, Network Storage is not an option and it's not Hidden if you hit the Modify button.

So I think I have both problems expressed above. I doubt I have the proper driver, and I don't think it would show up even if I had a driver, since the ReadyNas/Network Storage isn't visible.

-V

Control4's Controller hardware does not play back video files.  You will need compatible media player hardware as Cyknight mentioned along with the appropriate driver for that hardware for Control4.

Control4's Controller hardware does not play back video files.  You will need compatible media player hardware as Cyknight mentioned along with the appropriate driver for that hardware for Control4.

Thanks. I wasn't aware, but I'm starting to see the picture. I incorrectly assumed it would play back videos that it was capable of scanning, since it can play back any audio that is in its scan list.

What media player hardware are people liking that integrates flawlessly with C4? 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a similar issue that I hadn't really paid any attention to, yet. I have an old EVA8000 that I recently dusted off and put back into my system. It'll show up in 1 room (it's connected through a matrix), but not in another. Bindings all looking good - but "Movies" wont show in certain rooms. I've verified that it isn't hidden. The media player is visible in the Watch list, and can be selected.

Though I realize that Vahn's issue was not having a media player in the system at all, still interesting! 

There's two things to check for - the Movies" not being hidden, and the network storage location driver not being hidden - Movies option will show but hiding the NAS will result in the movies on that specific NAS not loading

• 1 year later...

Archived