C4 Forums | Control4

Wolf Stove - Remote (4sight) activation via Custom Button

Is it integrated into your control4 system?  If so yes that should be easy.  If it isn't you would have to integrate it first (i'm pretty sure i remember seeing they partnered with control4).  Then simply create a custom button that executes command -->> preheat oven to 350, or whatever the integrated commands look like.

Thanks for the replys. The stove is integrated, but the link provided by SMHarman leads me to believe that the driver will never be able to initiate a pre heat command.  The integration can only provide feedback from the stove, not initiate any actions (for safety and regulatory reason).

I am correct in this conclusion?

Thanks again

Martyn

“The connected home isn’t just about consumer electronics gadgets — every appliance and service should be easily accessed and managed through any touch point in the house. There is no better example of this new reality than this partnership,” stated Control4’s CEO Will West.

While I agree fiddling with a heat source remotely does not seem right on the surface, it is an oven and it's suppose to get hot.  If Mr. Will thinks it should be controlled then so be it.  

• 3 weeks later...

Archived