C4 Forums | Control4

Officially Supported 3rd Party Hardware (Specifically Routers)

Vahn

Can someone please post the most recent list of officially supported hardware. Specifically routers.

Looking for something that meets the following criteria:

• Full web GUI admin, not some GUI, some CLI
  • Can clone a Mac address on the WAN port (required to bridge my actual Router)
  • Healthy NAT table to support 65 routinely connected devices
  • Excellent port forward support
  • Excellent DHCP server
  • Can disable SIP-ALG 

I'm am using the EdgeOS router, and it was working great with C4, but it's a bit complicated and I struggled with it for 4 hours last night and I want to downgrade to something powerful but easier to work with.

-V

The only excellent port forward support is to disallow all port forwarding <_<

I appreciate the spirit of what you are saying. It's important to me so I can view my cameras when not on-network.

Anyhow. Supported hardware list, anyone? Anyone using the Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 successfully? 

-V

Yet you can do that with other methods.

But more on topic - there are no 'officially supported' routers by C4, they do have a recommended list though that is regularly updated.

Some of those include the Netgear AC1900/R7000, Asus RT-AC68U, Luxul XBR-4000 and (my preference out of these) the Cisco RV-042

But more on topic - there are no 'officially supported' routers by C4, they do have a recommended list though that is regularly updated.

Some of those include the Netgear AC1900/R7000, Asus RT-AC68U, Luxul XBR-4000 and (my preference out of these) the Cisco RV-042

Thanks. That's what what I was looking for. I asked the wrong question.

-V

I wouldn't go with the RV-042. Only has 10/100 ports. The Luxul XBR is a great choice for a wired-only router.

Archived