C4 Forums | Control4

Netflix with one touch?

Nehsmit

Hi All,

Is it possible to program watching Netflix, either through a DVD player or Amazon fire stick?  Currently i have to hit WATCH>>BLU RAY or FIRE TV (wait for them to boot up) and then navigate to where netflix is an option and select it.  I'd love to have under WATCH an option that says NETFLIX.

Thank you.

Certain devices can be made to launch something like Netflix directly - you can then use a virtual device setup (virtual device, then add a video switch to input actual and virtual devices into the same input on TV or video matrix etc).

Using Chowmain's Icon suite you can have a Netflix icon.

Programming wise you'd go:

When devbice "Netflix" is selected, select "Roku (example)" as the current video device and use device command "Netflix"

Thank YOY all for the fast input.

@msgreenf and@SMHarman, it would be WATCH>> FIRE TV. And then manually press the NETFLIX button? No way to just WATCH>> NETFLIX? I also have KODI in my faves so might want to do the same for that.

Can you give me an example of how to program this? I'm not sure what exactly you mean. Thank you

Certain devices can be made to launch something like Netflix directly - you can then use a virtual device setup (virtual device, then add a video switch to input actual and virtual devices into the same input on TV or video matrix etc).

Using Chowmain's Icon suite you can have a Netflix icon.

Programming wise you'd go:

When devbice "Netflix" is selected, select "Roku (example)" as the current video device and use device command "Netflix"

:rolleyes:

FYI the icon suite doesn't have a netflix icon.

One day i hope to integrate netflix properly but at the moment i can't find any hardware which has netflix browsing, searching and playback API's for me integrate.  if anyone can find such hardware i will integrate it.

FYI the icon suite doesn't have a netflix icon.

One day i hope to integrate netflix properly but at the moment i can't find any hardware which has netflix browsing, searching and playback API's for me integrate. if anyone can find such hardware i will integrate it.

Is the Netflix API that complex?

On most ui it is up down left right play pause star.

DOH!

Why doesn't it have a netflix icon!

Because you still need to control the device outputting netflix.  The icons suite is designed for devices with no control (eg inputs, skype, presentation systems, etc).

Is the Netflix API that complex?

On most ui it is up down left right play pause star.

What i want is to be able to search and browse Netflix and return it to navigator.

Because you still need to control the device outputting netflix.  The icons suite is designed for devices with no control (eg inputs, skype, presentation systems, etc).

Yes, but see above - you could at least have an icon available that way via programming.

Archived